What's new

Walt Disney World

RcTmix

Mega Poster
For an upcharge you can sit at the captain's table, and enjoy extra dinner courses seated at a prime location right in the center of the room. Leave it to Disney. "Pay EVEN MORE money to be the MOST special, MOST exclusive rich person at our very special and exclusive immersive experience."

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yes, but the people who want that type of BS, are gonna be allllllllll for it. Soooooo if it's not for you, let it be, and if you wanna dump a load of money for something meaningless to most, again, go for it.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
There's already a full itinerary posted and it's a bit of a joke, the first day you arrive in the afternoon, second day is packed with what seems like no wiggle room to just enjoy the space you're in and then the third day finishes after breakfast.
I made a chart of the itinerary, and will be discussing it:
Day One
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 21-57-29 Untitled spreadsheet.png
Let's start. You arrive at 1:00 pm. That is LUDICROUSLY late. After you arrive, you can explore the ship and take note of your surroundings. This lasts until 3:30 pm, at which point sabacc lessons occur. These MAY be optional. Afterwards, you gather at the muster stations for a whopping hour and a half, and "receive the captain". Dinner is held until 7:00 pm, which leads us into...
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 22-02-09 Untitled spreadsheet.png
You immediately go into something called the Outer Rim Regalia, which may be a show. Judging by the wording, this is probably optional. At 7:30 pm, you receive your first Story Moment: Join a smuggling ring, or help the Resistance. Afterwards, Bridge Training and Atrium Entertainment (possibly optional) occurs until 8:45, after which you pack it in.
Day Two
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 22-06-13 Untitled spreadsheet.png
The day begins at 7:00 am with an hour long breakfast. At 8:00 am, you apparently HAVE to go to Galaxy's Edge, and immediately afterwards you get slammed into Rise of the Resistance for an hour. Also, it's apparently unreliable, so good luck with that. Afterwards, story moment 2 occurs: Strike a deal, or commit grand theft spaceship? Then, with no wiggle room at all, BOOM, right onto Smuggler's Run with ye. That lasts until 10:30, at which point you eat lunch: either at Galaxy's Edge, or at the hotel, you decide. Depending on how fast you eat, the Free Time could start anywhere from 11:30 to 10:45. Ahhh, sweet free time!
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 22-10-09 Untitled spreadsheet.png
Lightsaber training starts at 1:00, lasting for half an hour. Afterwards, an hour and a half long droid racing competition is held, where "you’ll have to dart over to build a model ship". Afterwards, more sweet free time. A Sabacc Tournament occurs afterwards: an hour long, but seems to be optional. Then you get to drink stuff at the Sublight Lounge, which is also apparently optional. Afterwords, "Taste Around the Galaxy" dinner occurs.
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 22-17-09 Untitled spreadsheet.png
Taste Around the Galaxy ends at 7:00, at which point you go into the final Story Moment, which is nearly TWO HOURS LONG! Either you do a heist or store the ship you may have stolen earlier. Afterwards, you FINALLY have more free time, from 8:45 all the way to 10:00. At that time, there is a finale show, after which you go to bed.
"There’s a lot of ground to cover." indeed.
Day Three
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 22-20-51 Untitled spreadsheet.png

All lukewarm things have to come to an end eventually, and in this place's case, it ends after a 2 and a half hour long breakfast. After that, you board the shuttle and depart at 9:30, arriving at Galaxy's Edge once more at 10:00.

Yeah. Not great. You only have at the very least 3 hours 45 minutes of free time the entire stay, all of which is on Day Two. But hey, most of the free time is in rather large segments! Except, the last one is very very late.
And you better pray Rise of the Resistance hasn't done busted itself when ya go.

Last edited:

Stevie

Roller Poster
Not yet watched but looking forward to it:

Speaking as an out-of-work, former semi-professional stage actor (aka take with a grain of salt, but it's pretty obvious if you're paying attention), they're nervous.

They were either read the riot act and told that everything had to be perfect for the press, or they started rehearsing for this event fairly recently. That being said, it looks fine. I'll leave the other opinions to Star Wars fans because I'm not the target audience. Definitely a unique experience (but holy hell, that's a lot of money for that.)

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Some of the make-up and sets are pretty amazing but interaction with actors…. nonoooooonononononono *cringe* I really should have remembered this was a ‘big sell’. It felt like ‘networking’.

When the actress said “Who’s excited for hyperspace?”, Mrs. Nitefly boo’d the TV.

Edit: Oh my god when they try and solve the puzzle…. that was a painful watch.

Last edited:

ScottLann

Mega Poster
How much is a night at this thing again? 😂

There's some pretty cool parts such as the 'restaurant', lightsabre training and bridge but you can tell it's a media day there - some of the interactions came across quite forced? Bet it'll be a massive hit with the younger ones however!

davidm

Strata Poster
Last edited:

Heth

Mega Poster
Well that's rather embarrassing.

I always wondering how many people would pay €4k+ for a hotel room, some puzzles and awkward interactions...and it turns out the answer is "not that many".

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Disney milked Star Wars dry and left it with zero substance within 8 years. Unbelievable. Disney+ clearly accelerated this even further.

Very disappointed with the direction they've gone in the movies and theme park experiences and quickly trying to make Star Wars seem like some elitist only invite for a multi thousand dollar per night hotel that is out of reach by the average fan.

On top of all this Galaxy's Edge looks like a Star Wars garbage dump with the Falcon waiting to be scrapped. There is no sense of adventure escape, instead you are going to visit a similar place that Luke Skywalker wanted to leave. It makes no sense to me. Give me Pandora's floating islands or most of the things Universal is doing any day.

I've moved on from Star Wars to things like John Wick, Top Gun Maverick and Mission Impossible. I remember in the 90s thinking you can never have too much Star Wars. I played all the games (Rebel Assault / Dark Forces / the SNES trilogy etc), made fan movies with friends. Star Tours seemed like an incredible adventure - you felt you had literally gone to the Star Wars galaxy!-, maybe there could be more of that?!

I was very, very wrong. Absolutely awful what Disney has done. Even Lucas lost his mind in my opinion, not understanding that Star Wars was more than just effects.

Last edited:

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I can't say I agree, to be honest. The sequel trilogy was not good in retrospect, I enjoyed them whilst watching them and they had some good moments, but I think they trod all over the existing cannon and effectively rehashed a lot of what made Star Wars good, and ruined it in the process. That said, some of the Disney+ media has been fantastic, The Mandalorian is the best piece of Star Wars media since the KOTOR games, Andor was really good, Boba Fett I wasn't so much a fan of until it blended with the Mandalorian... there's clearly a lot that can be done with the universe without taking a dump on the original trilogy.

When it comes to Galaxy's Edge, I loved it when I visited in September last year. It felt like a proper outer-rim dump, which is a huge part of the Star Wars aesthetic, as much as I'd love to see Disney take on something like Naboo.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Disney has filed new construction permits for the Galactic Starcruiser plot. Details are scant, but I am curious if we are looking at a proper "revitalization"/adapting the space to still be some sort of attraction or leveling for something else in the works.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Disney has filed new construction permits for the Galactic Starcruiser plot. Details are scant, but I am curious if we are looking at a proper "revitalization"/adapting the space to still be some sort of attraction or leveling for something else in the works.

Link is dead for me. Does it work on your end?

Dar

Hyper Poster

I wonder how easy it would be to turn it into a regular hotel, without the space transport arrival and the fixed itinerary? Still have all the activities. but regularly throughout the day instead of at specific times.

It should be fairly easy, and far cheaper than demolishing and rebuilding. Plus it will annoy the people that are bothered about things being "exclusive", which is always a bonus.