What's new

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Update to the overall park overhaul - a Tangled themed teacups ride has been leaked.
Can we move this on over to Park Construction since this isn't just RnRC, but also at least one (likely two) other new land(s) and a multi billion refresh?

One other thing: Rumors are abound that Lion King has overtaken Galaxy's Edge for the second lake land.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Wow, that sure looks VERY Disney. I am wondering, though, if that park might feel a little too "smashed together" in the end.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can we move this on over to Park Construction since this isn't just RnRC, but also at least one (likely two) other new land(s) and a multi billion refresh?
No. It can be its own thread in rumours until it is confirmed, at which point it can be moved into the relevant forum. Moving the entire RnR thread is not the right answer - I know that much.

Good info, please discuss away here.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I am wondering, though, if that park might feel a little too "smashed together" in the end.
Yeah I agree, the park is already a mish-mash of themes and will be even more so once everything is complete.

The park desperately needs theme-consistency and smooth transitions between areas.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I agree, the park is already a mish-mash of themes and will be even more so once everything is complete.

The park desperately needs theme-consistency and smooth transitions between areas.
The whole resort is in such a strange position. The Studios park was so bare-bones upon opening that it basically has taken two decades of gradual investments to turn it into a full-fledged park, and in the meantime, the main park still hasn't received any new attractions since *checks* ... Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin back in 2006. And even that one was mostly a refurbishment of an older attraction. The last time a new attracation was built from the ground up there was Space Mountain back in 1995.

Arguably, the Studios park still is in more dire need of attention, but in the meantime while its problems have been taken care of, Disneyland Park has been pretty much stagnant for decades. The overwhelming majority of its attractions were built in the early nineties and haven't seen more than the occasional re-theme since then.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
The whole resort is in such a strange position. The Studios park was so bare-bones upon opening that it basically has taken two decades of gradual investments to turn it into a full-fledged park, and in the meantime, the main park still hasn't received any new attractions since *checks* ... Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin back in 2006. And even that one was mostly a refurbishment of an older attraction. The last time a new attraction was built from the ground up there was Space Mountain back in 1995.

Arguably, the Studios park still is in more dire need of attention, but in the meantime while its problems have been taken care of, Disneyland Park has been pretty much stagnant for decades. The overwhelming majority of its attractions were built in the early nineties and haven't seen more than the occasional re-theme since then.

Buzz replaced a CircleVision Theater

Would you consider Philharmagic a New Addition?

cookie

Giga Poster
The whole resort is in such a strange position. The Studios park was so bare-bones upon opening that it basically has taken two decades of gradual investments to turn it into a full-fledged park, and in the meantime, the main park still hasn't received any new attractions since *checks* ... Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin back in 2006. And even that one was mostly a refurbishment of an older attraction. The last time a new attracation was built from the ground up there was Space Mountain back in 1995.

I remember a couple of years back there were rumors that Mickey’s Runaway Railway was coming to Disneyland Park and when I visited last year I looked at the ”Meet Mickey Mouse” building in front of the Fantasyland train station and thinking that would be the perfect spot for it.

Then there’s the infamous ”Indiana Jones Adventure” plot of land between Temple du Peril and Pirates. DLP has so much space being used for jack all.

bladeboy

Roller Poster
I’m pretty sure I read that nothing new will be coming to Parc Disneyland until they finish all the work on the Studios, which I don’t think will be complete before 2027.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Buzz replaced a CircleVision Theater

Would you consider Philharmagic a New Addition?
Ahh, my bad, shouldn't have skimmed through Wikipedia that long after midnight.

As for Philharmagic ... it's a stage show, and as far as I can tell it takes place in a building that was already a theatre. I wouldn't consider it a new attraction.

cookie

Giga Poster
The mystery over whether Star Wars land has been canceled or not continues. The concept art featuring it is being proudly displayed on the D23 Expo show floor, but the sign announcing the "Garden" area surrounding the lake does not mention it.

2022_09_08_194113.jpg

1662816481010.png
NvHL08K.jpeg

Meanwhile, a rumor has appeared that Disneyland Park is getting a major coaster addition for 2028(!), described as a "Hagrid's-style" coaster themed to the Disney villains and set to be located in a mini-area close to Discoveryland. Both the rumor and the images above I found here:

Guess we'll see tomorrow during the Parks & Resorts panel if there are any further announcements regarding DLP. The fact that the leaked Tangled ride isn't mentioned on the sign does point toward some announcement happening during the panel.

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
RUMOR ROUNDUP:

Land 3 is now Lion King. Major water ride, and a flat ride.

There's a second flat ride in the gardens, themed to Ursula. It was originally designed for DCA. A friend of Ally did a big recap on WDWMagic and stated, quote, "I'll let Ally keep the exclusivity on this one so I won't spill the beans".

Land 4, if it happens, is Pandora. And a speeder bike Star Wars coaster+land is going by Discoveryland.....Which miiiiiight displace the rumored Villains coaster.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Land 3 is now Lion King. Major water ride, and a flat ride.

There's a second flat ride in the gardens, themed to Ursula. It was originally designed for DCA. A friend of Ally did a big recap on WDWMagic and stated, quote, "I'll let Ally keep the exclusivity on this one so I won't spill the beans".

Land 4, if it happens, is Pandora. And a speeder bike Star Wars coaster+land is going by Discoveryland.....Which miiiiiight displace the rumored Villains coaster.
I'm pretty sure all of this is currently nothing but rumours? I was also under the impression that someone online said it would be cool if Tron was themed to Star Wars, and this suddenly became a rumour. Do we actually have evidence that any of these are in the works?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I'm pretty sure all of this is currently nothing but rumours? I was also under the impression that someone online said it would be cool if Tron was themed to Star Wars, and this suddenly became a rumour. Do we actually have evidence that any of these are in the works?
Edited to clarify these are rumors.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
I like it. I also don't. Makes more sense than studios. I like the idea of multiple adventures, multiple worlds. Fits with the current IP range. But the designs for the new Studio 1 building are a bit lacking. Everything to the right needs an overhaul (Crush's Coaster, Flying Carpets, Cars Rally as it isn't a 'world'). Without significant changes the entrance it still looks like a studio (but isn't). Mixed messaging sadly. But a move in the right direction... I think.

spicy

Giga Poster
The Walt Disney Studios front lot has a charm about it and is a nice place to be.

I hope they carry that theme through the new studio 1 and into the backlot area and then you go off into the differen't "Worlds"

Attraction wise the huge refurb as literally been cut back to just Frozen ever after now though. With Galaxys Edge being completely scrapped.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Looks good. Definitely curious to the future of this park.

I remember when I visited (more than 15 years ago already) one of these studios was used to explain how oldschool hand-drawn animated movies were made, something that really suits as being a 'studio' that at the same time was also educational. The concept of that is something I really liked and supported to be in the park. The problem however, was mainly just execution of it all, the fact that it all looked a little cheap and unfinished.

I hope the park can do something refreshing and creative with it's new name, that they can do something new and original, but at the same time can keep a little authenticity too.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
So the park's gone from having no real identity of its own... to having no real identity of its own. Can't wait to plan the road trip from World of Adventures in Chessington to Adventure World in Paris!

What confuses me is that they've dropped any reference to the movies in the name but doubled down on the concept in the new front half of the path. Something like Disney's Cinemagique Parc would've fit a lot better while still moving on from the cheap studio park feel but ah well, I'm sure we'll all get used to it.