What's new

Walibi Rhône-Alpes | Mystic | Gerstlauer Infinity

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I love the whole craziness of this ride; it fills the gap of a boomerang in an exciting, compact and unique way! However the length of 1886.5 ft (575m) does seem a bit short. Then again who am I kidding, Gold Rush at Slagharen is only 1312ft (400m)

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I love the whole craziness of this ride; it fills the gap of a boomerang in an exciting, compact and unique way! However the length of 1886.5 ft (575m) does seem a bit short. Then again who am I kidding, Gold Rush at Slagharen is only 1312ft (400m)
I thought they already had a boomerang......

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't get the advent calendar to work, but trusting that one of you can, I've updated the topic name.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A small quote from the advent calendar for those who can't see it:

24/12 - An Infinity Coaster in 2019? Unique in France!
... And he chooses that our novelty bears his name: MYSTIC !

If you still think that Dr. Mystic is a charlatan; Let yourself be enchanted from June 2019, to check!

Nice, simple name, fits with the theme they've gone for. I like it :)

Last edited:

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
G9jiaeI.jpg

3qTAZOr.jpg

Source: Walibi Rhône-Alpes

Steadily getting excited for this :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Colour comes up often, and it's always one that winds me up. The RAL colour charts standardise colour specification for paints (and have been adopted across almost every other material) in Europe, and beat almost every other colour specification in the real world for paints. Pantone is for printing, and the Photoshop palette, whilst lovely, is also designed around digital colour. RAL is all that matters. In the specification for this coaster, under the section that discusses the painting, a table will exist that details what RAL colour each component will be finished in - track, supports, train elements, seats, everything.

What I'm trying to say, is that if you really want the specified paint name, then you need to look at how it's classified by RAL.

I did a quick manual comparison to the RAL colour charts and I reckon it's RAL4010 - Telemagenta. Which, as it sits in the 4xxx series, means it's classified as Violet.

QZ5aX70.png

Source: I work with architects everyday who use the RAL standard globally to specify colours of everything from door frames to drain pipes to steel beams. Just for the sake of clarity:
RAL is all that matters

JoshC.

Strata Poster
DxDJlKqW0AEq7-n.jpg

The rain in this photo made me think it was covered in glitter or similar. So whatever shade of colour it is, I'm rather disappointed it won't sparkle now.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
The rain in this photo made me think it was covered in glitter or similar. So whatever shade of colour it is, I'm rather disappointed it won't sparkle now.
My first thought after seeing this photo was rather that their paint-job hadn't been done so well.