What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I think its due to the consistency and the sheer innovation to which RMC bring to the table.

If you'd commissioned, say, Mack or Intamin to do this exactly same layout on a steel coaster
The thing is RMC's elements and layouts are pretty unique to the company, do you see Mack or B&M building large outward banking turns or huge zero g stalls?
Intamin recently have seemingly started to catch on but even Intamin don't have the balls to do things on the insane scale which RMC does elements.

RMC only started properly in 2011 but have already introduced a million new elements and even designed a coaster which runs on a single rail.
I think its undeniable how much RMC has influenced the past 5 years or so in the industry and things only seem to get crazier and more innovative.
RMC is certainly the 'arrow' of this era and honestly i think that is why people love them so much. They innovate, they bring new stuff to the table.

snes2

Roller Poster
I got to experience untamed today.
It's amazing, you really are out of your seat for the majority of the ride.
Not a single dull moment on it, you're hauling it right to the very end.
This is my second RMC, the first being wicked cyclone and to see the improvements RMC have already made to their stellar rides in only a few years is outstanding.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I experienced Untamed on Monday and I would like to ditto everyone's comments - It's excellent. But my god the ride was unreliable (I evacuated from the brake run)!

Yes it broke down twice on Monday, we had fastlane and were able to marathon it though, so wasn’t an issue.

On that note I was very surprised that as well as being able to genuinely go around and around with fast lane, you also got first pick of the seats... I got so many back row rides I actually lost count.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
So, yesterday I visited Walibi Holland to get my 50th credit, being Untamed. Honestly it was a good 50th credit, but I really don't get why everybody is so crazy about this coaster. Spoiler, Taron stays on top, and I feel like Untamed wont even take a top 10% position.
I only did 2 rides because of 1-train operation, and did backseat and second to last row.
So, first of all. The restraints are pure **** (I'm 1,92 so fairly tall) which wasnt the best first impression. Would even say a Boomerang restraint is better ;)
Then the drop and DICS are really nice, after which everything starts feeling the same on the coaster. Dont understand me wrong, the airtime is good, but none of it feels unique. Ofcourse, props for the smoothness and constant action, because I'd imagine that's a hard thing to get right!
So yeah I do understand why some ejector junkies like it, but as said before. Don't understand why other people are so crazy about this :) just my 2 cents.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I'm under te impression that everyone over 1.8m (more or less) has the same feeling towards RMC. A friend of mine rode SV and told me he thought it was mediocre (he's almost 2m high) and I've heard similar thoughts.
I can't really reiterate on this since I'm an RMC virgin sadly, but that's what I know.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
I'm 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m) and I found that the shin guards really dug into my legs. The restraints are also are uncomfortable when you're stuck on the brakes (It didn't helped that I had to wait to get evacuated).

One positive about the restraints is that they don't come down much during the ride.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
The leg restraints are really one of biggest shortcomings on all RMCs. I'm 6ft 2 and whilst I don't find the restraints uncomfortable, the coasters would be a lot better if they were less restrictive.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Can't wait to get on this at the Coasterforce Live in September, when I saw the construction I wasn't too impressed (but we were having a crappy day), but all these reviews make it sound awesome!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I'm not particularly tall but I've never noticed the shin restraints on things like RMCs and Sky Rockets. Surely the people who bitch about them must prefer it to an OTSR though?

One thing I like about RMC restraints is there are no handles to hold onto, makes you feel a lot more vulnerable on ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does this suffer from the same issue some of the other (older?) RMCs have, where it's more about what shape you are rather than just your height?

I definitely remember being with people who were notionally about as tall as me, but maybe had a slightly different leg/torso (and indeed calf/thigh) length ratios, and the two of us found the restraints quite different from a comfort perspective.

Maybe it's this old issue manifesting itself again, which is a shame, because I thought they'd ironed some of that out...

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I'm not particularly tall but I've never noticed the shin restraints on things like RMCs and Sky Rockets. Surely the people who bitch about them must prefer it to an OTSR though?

Haven't ridden an RMC yet but having ridden a Skyrocket I can say I would much rather have an OTSR. I mean not like the choice is exclusively between shin guards or OTSR, I'd rather have a maurer style lapbar for instance (which is the peak of feeling vulnerable imo, if you've ridden a skyloop you probably know) but I'm only 1.75m and I suffer immensely with shin guards, although I am roughly 70% leg, so it's definitely a question of proportions.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Does this suffer from the same issue some of the other (older?) RMCs have, where it's more about what shape you are rather than just your height?

I definitely remember being with people who were notionally about as tall as me, but maybe had a slightly different leg/torso (and indeed calf/thigh) length ratios, and the two of us found the restraints quite different from a comfort perspective.

You and Boodangy are definitely onto something, I am tall, and far far from slim, however, I stand all day, do a lot of walking and as such my weight is all belly, my thighs and calfs are disproportionately slimmer and more toned. Guessing this is why I don’t struggle.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just been told that Untamed was down for almost a week because of ‘structural’ issues recently, and has been suffering a lot of intermittent down time. Does anybody know anything about this.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Just been told that Untamed was down for almost a week because of ‘structural’ issues recently, and has been suffering a lot of intermittent down time. Does anybody know anything about this.
I've been following Walibis queue times quite religiously recently due to cred anxiety. There's only been one day when it's been down fully for the structural issue, other than that it's been open as much as you'd expect a brand new coaster to be.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've been following Walibis queue times quite religiously recently due to cred anxiety. There's only been one day when it's been down fully for the structural issue, other than that it's been open as much as you'd expect a brand new coaster to be.
What was the structural issue, do you know more about it?