What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Amazed that on its first full day of public operations the queue was on average only 20 mins long.

Probably because it's not the weekend yet/school holidays haven't started?
I'll be going mid August while summer holidays for the NL are just about to finish.

i.d.b

Roller Poster
Fast pass is not allowed on untamed yet (At least that's what the site says)
It’s definitely on fast pass. There were plenty of enthusiasts getting into double figures re-riding it. There’s also the single rider queue, which went down fairly quick. Schools aren’t off at the moment, but there were lots of teenagers there. Most ride queues didn’t go over 40 mins and it quietened down by 4ish. We stayed on Goliath for 20mins without getting off at the end of the day.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Fast passes were in operation on Tuesday at least.

Maximum time we waited for a fastpass qr code with a top tier fast pass was about two and half minutes !

Considering you could request the next fast pass as soon as you were stood at the air gates you could pretty much walk off one train, round and back on train in the station.

Got some right old dirty stares from people in normal queue.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The only real downside to having an RMC in Holland is that now all manner of noobs, basics and unworthy's can get one without having to work for it. They're soooo much less 'excluse' than they were a week ago. Smug, newbie gloating levels are gonna skyrocket this summer. Urgh!

bernatc22

Mega Poster
The only real downside to having an RMC in Holland is that now all manner of noobs, basics and unworthy's can get one without having to work for it. They're soooo much less 'excluse' than they were a week ago. Smug, newbie gloating levels are gonna skyrocket this summer. Urgh!
I think it's a worthy trade-off because some of us in Europe who cannot afford a trip to the states (or even Kolmarden, lol) reeeally appreciate the proximity of Walibi Holland haha!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think it's a worthy trade-off because some of us in Europe who cannot afford a trip to the states (or even Kolmarden, lol) reeeally appreciate the proximity of Walibi Holland haha!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Kolmarden was just as easy to get to as Walabi really, and cheaper with ryanair and public transport.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Got back yesterday evening and found getting around by public transport in the Netherlands easier than in the UK.
To be honest that's not that hard to be haha
NL public transport is really reliable and well planned out!

How many trains does Untamed operate btw? Currious to see how they'll handle high capacity days.

i.d.b

Roller Poster
How many trains does Untamed operate btw? Currious to see how they'll handle high capacity days.
Two. Staff were happy to oblige when asking to wait for front or back. Even came over and apologised that I had to wait four despatches for back row.

What did sometimes slow down operations were riders pulling down the restraint once they’d fastened their seatbelts. There are repeated announcements to leave the restraint to be closed by the ride ops.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

*Grouchy old man voice*
Back in my day, RMC didn't even exist! Everyone was still squabbling over whether El Toro or Maverick was the better ride!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
My review after riding today.

I loved it.

The only other RMCs I have done are Twisted Colossus and Wildfire, both of which I thought were good but not as amazing as RMCs are hyped up to be. Untamed easily beats both of those.

The inversion after the first drop (don’t know what is called) is the highlight, brilliant sustained air.

Much better in the back row than the front, though.

Makes my top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
So yeah, basic boy over here did it today...

It's really bloody good fun. It's glass smooth, has loads of really good airtime, some quite floaty, some really aggressive, and the inversions are great. The second half in particular is full on and relentless. It's truly fantastic and I reckon anyone who goes on it will enjoy it, even if that type of ride isn't your thing.

What it did leave me wondering though, is: what is all the fuss about RMC? Yes, Untamed is fantastic, but this didn't feel like anything particularly groundbreaking? If you'd commissioned, say, Mack or Intamin to do this exactly same layout on a steel coaster, it'd feel exactly the same. There's nothing I saw or felt that made me think "wow, RMC are special" like half the enthusiast community seems to think. Obviously it's great they convert rubbish woodies to amazing rides, but that's it. So colour me curious in that sense

So yeah, Untamed is fab. I love it. And I'm looking forward to trying similar rides. But it hasn't made me think 'RMC are gods' or anything crazy.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think the park is aware that the ride will be massively popular and they are running it with both trains and, as far as I read, 4 attendants, which should result in minimal train stacking. Now, if they can keep these good operations and apply them to other rides, that'd be great!

The ride looks just SO good. I can't wait to ride it later this year!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
So yeah, basic boy over here did it today...

It's really bloody good fun. It's glass smooth, has loads of really good airtime, some quite floaty, some really aggressive, and the inversions are great. The second half in particular is full on and relentless. It's truly fantastic and I reckon anyone who goes on it will enjoy it, even if that type of ride isn't your thing.

What it did leave me wondering though, is: what is all the fuss about RMC? Yes, Untamed is fantastic, but this didn't feel like anything particularly groundbreaking? If you'd commissioned, say, Mack or Intamin to do this exactly same layout on a steel coaster, it'd feel exactly the same. There's nothing I saw or felt that made me think "wow, RMC are special" like half the enthusiast community seems to think. Obviously it's great they convert rubbish woodies to amazing rides, but that's it. So colour me curious in that sense

So yeah, Untamed is fab. I love it. And I'm looking forward to trying similar rides. But it hasn't made me think 'RMC are gods' or anything crazy.
I feel the same way. I got to ride Wildfire a month ago. Sure, my mind was blown away the first ride, but after like ride #7 it kinda grew tame. Yes, the coaster is amazing and I understand the RMC hype, but I can't wrap my head around all the praise every coaster they build gets.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk