What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
This is insane. This has one of the best layouts of any RMC yet, good pacing and not too random (I know what ya mean with some RMCs) epic air. Also that roll at the end....good god

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Now that the ride is open, this thread has been unstickied!

This ride definitely looks like a winner. Love all the elements on it from start to finish.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

bernatc22

Mega Poster
So basically what we all were expecting.

Still, I find it quite amusing how RMC consistently delivers to such high standards; we ought to get hyperbolic and ecstatic while these conversations are undertaken (which will hopefully be a long long time!).

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks amazing as expected. Torn on which looks better layoutwise at the moment for new european additions. This or Taiga.

One thing that stands out is just how bloody smooth it looks! Maybe it's a stablising camera thing, but it's almost nauseating seeing a pov that glides so well.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
First day reviews are always full of hyperbole from people who are so hyped to have done it first / as part of a media event. Here's some fun ones from Twitter:

Basically, yeah it's good.
Not really a surprise that Scott prefers it, he has said he wasn’t the biggest fan of SteVe on his cedar point vlogs, if I remember correctly. Something to do with seating / restraints was his issue with it I think. Does untamed feature any changes to the seating / restraints?

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
Not really a surprise that Scott prefers it, he has said he wasn’t the biggest fan of SteVe on his cedar point vlogs, if I remember correctly. Something to do with seating / restraints was his issue with it I think. Does untamed feature any changes to the seating / restraints?
It's the same restraints but much less airtime so less thigh pain.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Scott is a member of CF (@Scott88).

May I ask what was it about Untamed that made you prefer it over SV?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Scott is a member of CF (@Scott88).

May I ask what was it about Untamed that made you prefer it over SV?
Think we’ll have to watch his review later today, not long to wait, I am looking forward to it. Of all the biggish uk vloggers, I trust his opinion the most. I generally end up agreeing with his rating of coasters (apart from the fact Taron IS better than Helix! ?)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Think we’ll have to watch his review later today, not long to wait, I am looking forward to it. Of all the biggish uk vloggers, I trust his opinion the most. I generally end up agreeing with his rating of coasters (apart from the fact Taron IS better than Helix! )
I am good friends with Scott and the PBE crew (been on their videos too). He has quite a fresh view of SV as he only rode it a few weeks back.

Looked at his rider cam yesterday, and I am really looking forward to riding and reviewing myself come September. I VERY rarely watch povs etc. Of a ride before going on them. So I don't know the layouts of many coasters before I actually ride them

Sent from my small tapping device...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I am good friends with Scott and the PBE crew (been on their videos too). He has quite a fresh view of SV as he only rode it a few weeks back.

Looked at his rider cam yesterday, and I am really looking forward to riding and reviewing myself come September. I VERY rarely watch povs etc. Of a ride before going on them. So I don't know the layouts of many coasters before I actually ride them

Sent from my small tapping device...
Don’t really know him too well myself, spoke to him a few times on messenger, got some tips from him, met him a few times in parks and had a few chats, and been to a few of his events (Nemsis ERT on Saturday was AMAZING) but I know I like the guy, his videos and all the work he puts in for his fellow enthusiasts, seems very genuine.

i.d.b

Roller Poster
Managed to get back row on the second train yesterday and although impressed I felt the ride hadn’t quite warmed up.

Came back a couple of hours later and rode the front row a couple of times and it was a much better wilder ride.

Amazed that on its first full day of public operations the queue was on average only 20 mins long.

snes2

Roller Poster
Amazed that on its first full day of public operations the queue was on average only 20 mins long.
Is that how busy Walibi is usually around these times?
I might be going next Monday and thought I'd have to get a fast pass to get a few rides on untamed