What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Gorgeous. Really looking forward to what pacing looks like with riders, but signs point to very good.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The 270dics looks a bit...odd - like I'd have just preferred a 540 inversion. But even then, it still looks fun and quirky.

Ride itself looks good fun, and I'm looking forward to trying it out and finally getting an RMC!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh that looks suh-weeet. Pacing looks spot on, potential airtime moments, flow of elements etc.. all great. How it will stack up against the other big, European heavyweights - Helix, Taron, Shambhala et al remains to be seen but I rather suspect Untamed will be joining that conversation. Can't wait to ride it. Speaking of which, I'm probably gonna mince over there opening week, maybe 2nd or 3rd, anybody planning on being there?

Matt N

CF Legend
I take back what I said; this thing looks insane on a POV! The pacing is relentless, and it looks to cram in a lot of airtime considering it has 5 inversions! All in all, RMC just seem to get better and better every time they build a new coaster!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What off-axis s-bend?
On Storm Chaser the entrance to the turnaround features a quick snap in the wrong direction and, coupled with the ejector, is just a bit crap. It's unnecessary, and spoils that element.

About 1:02 in this POV:

I don't love the fast zero-g stalls either (like the one on Steel Vengeance as it comes back out from under the lift hill), but at least they aren't as bad.

Untamed doesn't have any of the former, and only that big first element gets close to the latter, so I'm very excited for this one!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That element looks fun to me? Why is it ruined?
The problem is that it doesn't flow. The train throws your body up and to the right, and just at peak airtime it twists quite sharply underneath you. Unless you're in the seat perfectly, the side of the train gets you right in the kidneys (if you're my height, anyway).

It particularly annoys me as it's so unnecessary. The ejector and dive into the turnaround would be amazing without it, but with it it really takes the edge off. The unnecessary twisting on [some] RMCs is a bit of a pet peeve, I have to admit.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The problem is that it doesn't flow. The train throws your body up and to the right, and just at peak airtime it twists quite sharply underneath you. Unless you're in the seat perfectly, the side of the train gets you right in the kidneys (if you're my height, anyway).

It particularly annoys me as it's so unnecessary. The ejector and dive into the turnaround would be amazing without it, but with it it really takes the edge off. The unnecessary twisting on [some] RMCs is a bit of a pet peeve, I have to admit.
Well I'm yet to ride an RMC, this will likely be my first so it will be nice to experience. Unless Blackpool RMCs Grand National... /s

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That looks even better than I could've hoped for. Just the difference in speed from the actual first run (offride footage) to this POV is incredible, and it's not even close to broken in yet! Absolute banger they've got there.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

I think I've agreed with you on other threads about this, not a fan of the weird angle stuff at all. Twisted timbers has one of those s-bends plus the part at 1:22 (approx) where it changes direction on an airtime hill and slams you into the side of the train.

So, in short, also pleased by the lack of faff extras. Lightning rod also looks to be good for limited RMC "faff" so that's high up on my RMC bucket list too.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

I feel like this is a petty complaint I also have with some coasters. In my eyes, what defines a coaster's "flow" is a consistent sequence of right-left-right-left (or vice versa) twists and turns. If it breaks this flow, the coaster feels a bit jerky - not rough, just jerky.

snes2

Roller Poster

The only RMC I have been on is wicked cyclone, and there was one moment where you're slammed into the side, probably the most painful thing I've felt on a coaster and I don't even mind rough rides.
Still I can't wait to get on untamed, RMCs look even more insane in person when you're looking at all the twisted steel.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Oh man this thing is looking fine. Pacing looks ace, there's gonna be some killer airtime there. Second half also looks more exciting than the first half, which is excellent.