What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yes, more referring to RMC, though my experience of Hyperion's micro bunny was similar. Forgot about Lost Gravity when writing though!

I guess I should stress, I'm only going off reviews and how the rides look, since I haven't ridden an RMC. I've never looked at their micro bunnies and thought 'that's there to give some great airtime' - it'll give a pop at best, but nothing spectacular. Reality could be completely different and I might just be talking out my rear end..

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't think that element is there to give ejector, though. It's to temporarily alleviate the positive force caused by the drop before yet another positive force of a pull-up into another element. It makes the following element a little more impactful - each of them that has one of these little hops has a strong positive force prior and following, so that would be my guess.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
On RMCs, I would assume the main point of a small speed hill/micro bunny is connect two elements that are unnaturally far apart. Take the one on Steel Vengeance for example. Keeping the lift and the drop the same as they are, the distance between the very bottom of the drop and the start of the giant "top hat" is probably over 100ft worth of space. No reason not tp slap some airtime in the middle of two elements you have to connect anyway.

Lofty

CF Legend
Another shot of the element following the turnaround inversion.
52437001_2539268469448261_5589365066286759936_o.jpg

Taken from:

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Apparently the park are considering this 97° stall as an inversion, so the ride may only have 4 "actual" inversions.

Any source for that?

Not saying I do or don't believe you, but given how the park have been drip feeding information, that very much feels like a claim that can be traced back to the park. Just can't see where?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interestingly in their construction log they stated the "step-up underflip" was an "inversion" and this "97° outside stall out" was an "element" instead, asking the RMC worker to explain the difference, which amounted to inverting or not.

So I can't see that being the case...
But the outside stall and step-under flip are different elements altogether.

It's like the first element on Outlaw Run compared with the first element in Joker. Isn't it?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
But the outside stall and step-under flip are different elements altogether.

It's like the first element on Outlaw Run compared with the first element in Joker. Isn't it?

The first element on Outlaw Run, the 153 degree twisted overbank or whatever you want to call it, turns riders more than 135 degrees vertically; therefore it is an inversion. A 97 degree sideways hill would only be counted as an inversion in Parkitect ;), moreso an overbank than a full-out inversion. If it tilted riders more than 135 degrees, then it would become a zero-g stall.