What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
youre an idiot if you ever completely judge any coaster before actually riding it
No I'm not. I know what I like in a coaster so I have an idea of what elements make a great ride for me personally. You clearly haven't ridden many coasters, since you haven't realized this yet.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Who totally judges a ride before riding it? I'm expecting every Gerst to ride like **** but that's expectation, not completing judging the ride.
I guess if looking at POVs and layouts online is your way of riding then sure, maybe get out more.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't TOTALLY judge them before I ride them, but I have an idea what I know I like. I don't know my official coaster count but I know it's in the region of 150-200 coasters.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Wait.. since when does any RMC have a cobra roll?? Two zero G rolls do not make a cobra roll. It’s a twisted horseshoe roll at best.

Us enthusiasts love defining elements, but the manufactures do not help us at all lol. Look at a Gerstlauer Immelman compared to a B&M Immelman, add ontop that most parks will rename them anyway. I'm half thinking we should just catagorise inversions as twists, loops and half loops.

Lofty

CF Legend
150-200 yet Revolution is in your top 10? Ok. I love how this has a 'greater number of inversions' when in reality there's literally ONE that we can just about make out and that's not even been 100% guaranteed.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I would understand having some sort of expectations on a ride you haven't ridden yet, but we don't even know what the layout will be like so it's impossible to be disappointed or "annoyed" right now.

Right now, all that really matters (and all we really know) is that we have an RMC conversion under construction. I trust RMC to make a solid ride, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
150-200 yet Revolution is in your top 10? Ok. I love how this has a 'greater number of inversions' when in reality there's literally ONE that we can just about make out and that's not even been 100% guaranteed.
I have got that many creds, I have quite a lot from Florida but I can't remember the ride experiences, which is why they aren't in my top. I actually really enjoy Revolution, mainly for nostalgia, but also because it is very intense, it's smooth and has some good ejector at either end, especially with a loose restraint.

Lofty

CF Legend
I have got that many creds, I have quite a lot from Florida but I can't remember the ride experiences, which is why they aren't in my top. I actually really enjoy Revolution, mainly for nostalgia, but also because it is very intense, it's smooth and has some good ejector at either end, especially with a loose restraint.
How old was you when you went to Florida?

Ben

CF Legend

There’s less than 50 coasters in Florida, and if you were too young to remember riding them you were too young to ride half of them, and the other half wouldn’t have been built.

Your original tone of ‘you’ve clearly not ridden much’ is A. Rude and B. Totally unjustified when you’ve not ridden much.

But sure you judge a ride based on a potential maybe rumour, that’s smart.

Also if you want to argue inversions can’t have airtime clearly you’ve never ridden an RMC.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
robin hoods original height was 32m, they're not actually adding on that much height, just making it a much steeper lifthill so I imagine they can have more space to play with the layout.
It's a 12,5% increase in height... That's a lot ;)

No I'm not. I know what I like in a coaster so I have an idea of what elements make a great ride for me personally. You clearly haven't ridden many coasters, since you haven't realized this yet.

Soooo. You don't like inversions right? Why is Smiler then in your top? :p

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair to @CrashCoaster, he might really like Revolution. And even if he'd ridden 1000 coasters, it's his opinion and if he likes Revolution enough for it to be in his top 10, then that's fine by me.

But with regards to judging how Untamed will ride prior to riding it, I'd imagine it's quite hard, as RMC apparently like to profile their inversions in a way such that the riders get airtime during the inversions. Besides, I would put nothing past RMC after their most recent installations!