What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Walibi Holland to get a Mack coaster for 2016

New from Mack Rides: Mack Acceleration Coaster. Reach new heights and launch at high speeds using Hydraulic technology!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Came across a gif of the topping out. That first drop looks wild.

http://i.imgur.com/XWqCdnp.gif

Also, moved this to the construction forum.

peep

CF Legend
Re: Walibi Holland | Unknown | Mack (unknown)

Nice to get a better look at the first drop. I can't wait to see more of this.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

andrus

Giga Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
New from Mack Rides: Mack Acceleration Coaster. Reach new heights and launch at high speeds using Hydraulic technology!
Source?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

andrus said:
GuyWithAStick said:
Source?

I was joking how Mack is 'copying' Intamin, and did a spoof on the Intamin Accelerator.

Lofty

CF Legend

xmra7o.png

That to me looks like a bunny hop after the drop <3

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Might just be the angle, but it doesn't look like there's enough room for winged trains when you look at how close the lift support is to the track.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Pokemaniac said:
The Mack MegaLite design is too similar to Intamin's to get away with without a fuzz. They'd get their hats sued off, there's no way it wouldn't be a breach of intellectual property laws. I rather think the design is licenced somehow, rather than copied. They must have bought permission to use it. Question now is whether they've struck any other deals with Intamin or come up with their own winged design.

I think you are overthinking it, companies don't "patent" a coaster layout. Only new unique techniques used by a manufacturer can be protected from other manufacturers.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

That photo's really confusing me, it looks like parts of the lift hill are supported at different heights?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

Ha, the part on the right, is still being put into place. Where you can see the bucket (top left corner), is where the track will connect to the supports once in place.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

thumb_041215crazy3.jpg

The transition into the drop is so sharp. There's no way you could get a long train through that without crazy forces. I still think we are looking at a large spinner.

Casio

Mega Poster

roomraider said:
The transition into the drop is so sharp. There's no way you could get a long train through that without crazy forces. I still think we are looking at a large spinner.

Now we can see how extreme the ride will be, I'm kind of hoping it'll be a spinner; I'd like it to be distinct from Goliath. But if you look at Flash (or Lightning?) at Lewa Adventure in China, that's got a similarly sudden drop and definitely has long trains.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Actually, you're VERY wrong. The transition is actually quite spread out.

4411651030237414814564921597442338668329004345225n.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

tophat.jpg

2.JPG

1.JPG

Some kind of inverted top hat or Banana roll now. This thing is full of surprises.

Martyn B

CF Legend

That to me looks like a 90' banked turn, aka what can be found on every **** ing spinner.

Lofty

CF Legend

Just looked at this image, the drop transition isn't as hard as it looks…

walibi-holland-2016-first-drop-snapchat.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.