What's new

Walibi Holland | Eat My Dust | Zamperla Junior Coaster | 2023

cookie

Giga Poster
Walibi Holland will open a Zamperla family coaster at the site of the old Go-Kart track in 2023, according to Looopings. This would precede the leaked RMC Raptor that's slated for 2024.

No stats are known outside of the coaster reaching speeds of 40km/h, which would be a match with Formula Rossa Junior at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi:

IMO, this is a good move for the park overall. On my visit this past August, one thing that immediately stood out to me was the staggering lack of family attractions, especially among their coasters. Only Drako can be seen as a family ride, which is a stark contrast to Walibi Belgium's far more balanced coaster lineup.

Last edited:

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Walibi has put up a big sign announcing the new area and the coaster. The area will be called Speed Zone OFF-ROAD, and has a dirt racing theme. I think it's quite a nice theme, and fits well with the current Speed Zone area. No name or stats whatsoever, but the park has now confirmed they're opening a new coaster next spring. Speed Zone OFF-ROAD will be opened on April 7th, so presumably the coaster will also open on that date.

Source

Attachments

• 1226terrein.jpg
    1226terrein.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Eat my Dust is such a Walibi Holland name.

I can just imagine management watching the go karts a few years ago, planning a ride for the site and overhearing some kid overtaking someone, laughing and saying "Eat my dust loser!"...and their eyes just lighting up.

Last edited:

Tulum

Mega Poster
Oh, come on. I think the name is quite catchy and the layout serves its purpose for a small family coaster. It is just a minor addition for families and a nice ensemble with the flat and the water playground.

cookie

Giga Poster
Am I the only one who honestly doesn’t mind the ”patchwork” vibe a lot of WH has? I love intricately themed areas as much as the next guy, but I find the anarchy that defines a lot of WH’s identity to be charming in its own sort way. It’s not like the park actually feels run-down once you’re in it.

(Operations and the gaps in their ride line-up are a different matter)

Rupert

Mega Poster
There are obvious parallels with Merlin’s theming style but at least it’s colourful, upbeat, quirky and slightly whimsical. We’ve spoken for ages about how Merlin’s is always dark and drab so I can appreciate Walibi’s use of colour and humour, even if not particularly to my taste and obviously cheap.

Saying all that, I just looked again at the really uninspired track colour. At least it’s not black I guess…