What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Enil

Roller Poster
Hope for a Thrill Flatride in that Area aswell, since the Looping ship is gone, it would fit perfect.
The new area will get the relocated Squad's Stunt Flight kids attraction, so no thrill flatride in that location. However, if I'm not mistaken, a Gerstlauer SkyFly was planned for 2023 (somewhere else in the park). That will likely be pushed back a year or two beacause of Corona though...

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
The new area will get the relocated Squad's Stunt Flight kids attraction, so no thrill flatride in that location. However, if I'm not mistaken, a Gerstlauer SkyFly was planned for 2023 (somewhere else in the park). That will likely be pushed back a year or two beacause of Corona though...

Actually, I'd be surprised if it was pushed back. SkyFly's are decently cheap IIRC.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

It is not 100% sure if the thrillride for 2023 will be a Gerstlauer Sky Fly. The picture used during the press conference was puterly indicative. So it might be possible they will go for something completely different.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
If I remember correctly, the Sky Fly was originally planned to go in the Western area this year, along with a Mack Twost n Splash and a general revamp of that area. That was delayed, after the entrance revamp was pushed back from 2019 to 2020 (which itself was again delayed).
[Edit: it's entirely probable I'm not remembering correctly]

The park's 100m€ 5 year investment strategy has seen a few changes, but I think everything was still planned to go ahead, just over a longer time period. Covid may cancel or change those plans further, but even if we don't see complete changes to the areas and don't see all the new rides planned, the park itself has still significantly improved over the past couple of years.

Enil

Roller Poster
If I remember correctly, the Sky Fly was originally planned to go in the Western area this year, along with a Mack Twost n Splash and a general revamp of that area. That was delayed, after the entrance revamp was pushed back from 2019 to 2020 (which itself was again delayed).
[Edit: it's entirely probable I'm not remembering correctly]

The park's 100m€ 5 year investment strategy has seen a few changes, but I think everything was still planned to go ahead, just over a longer time period. Covid may cancel or change those plans further, but even if we don't see complete changes to the areas and don't see all the new rides planned, the park itself has still significantly improved over the past couple of years.
I believe I read/heard somewhere that Walibi Belgium's plans won't be cancelled due to Covid, but they will however be postponed.

Enil

Roller Poster
They aren't going to place another taller support under the highest point of the camelback are they? If not then the long unsupported segment of track is going to look pretty cool! The curvature on the hill also looks more modern than on Intamin's older megacoasters like for example Goliath at Walibi Holland; the downward curvature of the hill seems to start lower so you don't have a nearly straight piece of track going up into the element where you don't feel any airtime yet. In other words, the airtime will be longer in duration on this hill than on Goliath's. Does that make any sense?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
They aren't going to place another taller support under the highest point of the camelback are they? If not then the long unsupported segment of track is going to look pretty cool! The curvature on the hill also looks more modern than on Intamin's older megacoasters like for example Goliath at Walibi Holland; the downward curvature of the hill seems to start lower so you don't have a nearly straight piece of track going up into the element where you don't feel any airtime yet. In other words, the airtime will be longer in duration on this hill than on Goliath's. Does that make any sense?
I mean Pantheon's zero-g winder looks really unsupported but it's most likely fine. Generally the top of airtime hills aren't support due to the arch shape not requiring it.

Enil

Roller Poster
First camelback is done! Some People fear that the white line on the camelback might be a trim tho... Let's hope not I would say...

View attachment 9400

Picture from Coastersworld.fr
Not a catastrophy as the trim sits on the exit of the camelback, so it won't have that much of an impact on the airtime. Intamin also communicated the exact G-force numbers so it's pretty much guaranteed that we'll have strong ejector. (-1.3G's on the first camelback and -1.2G's on the maximum outward banked one)

Matt N

CF Legend
To be honest, while I know rides like Steel Vengeance, Skyrush and El Toro reportedly pull over -2G in places, I’d probably prefer the sustained airtime of a lower magnitude that this ride will reportedly give; that first hill should be absolutely sublime!

I can’t wait to see this thing open, as I think it could rank very highly for many!

Enil

Roller Poster
Hoping that "trim" is just a reflection of light.. I'm sure we'll get a better pic soon
I doubt that, if you look closely you can see the two spines have extra connecting pieces where the trim is located. This might be to help distribute the forces on the trim generated by a passing train...