What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Deleted a bunch of posts. Be decent to each other, people, and remember that posts are not a two-way conversation. Joking around is fine in chats and direct messages, but on the open forum we have topics to stick to, and not everyone may get what you're trying to say. What is banter to some people, others may just see as annoying spam.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Anyway, so this coaster... This is due to open next year, am I correct? I'm thinking this might finally tempt me to go to Belgium again! Does anyone know what those arched structures that they're tearing down were used for?

I think it was for one of their Halloween attractions at some point? Location certainly seems to fit.

(Maybe I've gotten my bearings completely wrong though!)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Anyway, so this coaster... This is due to open next year, am I correct? I'm thinking this might finally tempt me to go to Belgium again!

Same here, looks dead good, that. It's a shame the Plopsa spinner* won't be ready in the same year, would have made an excellent double whammy of a trip.

*rumoured.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Same here, looks dead good, that. It's a shame the Plopsa spinner* won't be ready in the same year, would have made an excellent double whammy of a trip.

*rumoured.

The Plopsa spinner will be ready in 2021 too though.. unless I've missed something?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I think it was for one of their Halloween attractions at some point? Location certainly seems to fit.

(Maybe I've gotten my bearings completely wrong though!)

Never has been a Halloween attraction. It used to be storage space and maintenance ;).

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
I thought Asterix was delayed to 2022
It is indeed delayed to 2022. But in 2021 we will see the retrack (or complete makeover with like new trains and big change to the layout as the rumours says) of Tonnerre de Zeus by Gravity Group instead :)

Also the Mack Spinner of Plopsaland was planned for 2022 but they moved it to 2021 to be in direct concurrence of WB Mega :)

Rein

Roller Poster
Does anyone know what those arched structures that they're tearing down were used for?

It wasn't part of the theme park, so probably just storage space.
The notice at the entrance (now with a paper over it) used to say "stock central", meaning central stock aka warehouse.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Glad it's still going ahead and being built now. Really looking forward to this one. Makes a triple Intamin mega coaster road trip almost a necessity at some point with Goliath and Expedition G-Force. Only ridden Goliath so far. Excellent coaster. Only narrowly beaten by Untamed at Walibi Holland last year I thought.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Interesting the ride area looks really big but they're also doing stuff in the western town does that means they will open the sky fly and twist & splash at the same time as the mega ? Like they did with Karma World and Fun World ?

Enil

Roller Poster
When I went there to take a look the pile drivers seemed to be much more to the right from where the station will be, so maybe they are for support foundations?

I wonder why there are ground clearings to the right of Calamity Mine? If you look at the plans the Megacoaster won't go that far.

I also wonder what will happen with the area inbetween Tiki World and the Megacoaster, apart from a new entrance plaza and the relocation of Squad's Stunt Flight. It's a pretty big surface.