What's new

Walibi Belgium to Re-theme Loup Garou

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Having just heard that Walibi Holland is RMCing Robin Hood for 2019, RCDB now states that Loup Garou, the other Walibi Vekoma woodie is getting a "new theme" for 2021 (the same year they are meant to be getting the mega coaster). A part of me is hoping it may be a little more than that (RMC please), but I haven't heard of anything else about this elsewhere. What do you think?

RCDB link:- https://rcdb.com/1029.htm

I currently love Compagnie des Alpes.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The new theme has been confirmed since Walibi Belgium announced their 5 year plan to transform the whole park. 2021 will see the woodie, SLC and kiddie cred rethemed I believe.

RMC conversions are expensive I imagine, so even with the park's huge redevelopment, a new mega coaster and RMC conversion seems unlikely.

Lofty

CF Legend
If they've said retheme, that's what it'll be. They won't RMC a coaster and add a brand new mega coaster in the same year considering they'd both be aiming for the same demographic.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I rode both Walibi woodies last season and personally I thought Loup Garou was considerably better than Robin Hood, and therefore less in need of a makeover. But yeah, at some point in the future, why not? It won't be before (or alongside) the hyper though.

Funny thing is, both Walibi woodies are Vekomas, and if that agreement is still in place where Vekoma handle all the on site construction for RMC's outside of the States then, technically, they still will be Vekomas, even after an RMC conversion :D

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'd really like to know the story around Vekoma's woodies and how the company saw them. Only three were ever built; one in 2000 and two in 2001. Two of them were bought by Six Flags, the latter by a small independent park with ambitions (RIP those ambitions, by the way). Nowadays, they don't offer wooden coasters any more. Despite a bit of a boom on the European woodie market in the early 2000s, and the coasters they delivered being pretty well received, Vekoma's woodie department never took off. They built their pilot projects (a possible reason why TusenFryd went to Vekoma for their large woodie - reduced rates since it was among the first the company ever did) and then stopped for some reason. I think there is a story here, but I haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The change of theme was already announced in June.

In 2020, the zone around the coaster will have a re-theme from the Paris 1900 theme that is has right now to a New Orleans/voodoo/Mardi Grass theme. The only thing that is about to change on Loup-Garou is that visitors will be able to walk on a path underneath the coaster to get to a new Bourbon Street themed square where the entrance of Loup-Garou and SLC Vampire will be.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
As much as I and the other Walibi fans would love to get a RMC in Walibi Belgium, I think it will not happen in the near future. The ride itself is pretty good compared to Walibi Holland and is loved by the visitors in Belgium. Don't forget that the Werewolf was the first wooden-rollercoaster in Belgium and I don't think people would appreciate the big change because the coaster only lived for 16 years (that is long but still too short for this kind of coaster).

Walibi announced end 2017 that they will re-theme the coaster and add more coasters every year. Until now it is only known to get a re-theming, nothing more than that. I am sure that you will get more information about it soon and will see more concepts of the re-theming, just wait and keep hoping you will see/hear more about it soon.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It was the most popular ride at the park when I was there in the summer, moreso than Pulsar, which was new.

I though it was pretty good as well. An RMC conversion is quite likely I guess, but not for quite a while, as others have said. It just wouldn't make sense at all yet given the other additions already on the way and the fact that it's still a very popular ride.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

AchtbaanLyzi

Roller Poster
It was the most popular ride at the park when I was there in the summer, moreso than Pulsar, which was new.

I though it was pretty good as well. An RMC conversion is quite likely I guess, but not for quite a while, as others have said. It just wouldn't make sense at all yet given the other additions already on the way and the fact that it's still a very popular ride.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Loup Garou isn't the most popular ride at Walibi Belgium. The ride has just bad capacity, the coaster only runs 2 trains max and the coaster has quite a long ride duration.