What's new

Walibi Belgium: Pulsar Opening - June 4th 2016!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Yesterday, Belgian themeparkfans were in seventh heaven with the official and long-expected official opening from Pulsar in Walibi Belgium. After 13 years, the park finally opened a brand new ride instead of opening refurbished shuttle loop coasters or somekind of ski-transportation kind of thing called Vertigo.

Invited fans, Belgian celebreties, people from Jora Vision and Mack gathered in Walibi Belgium for a huge party. Foodtrucks, a cava bar (blue cava for Pulsar), lots of Belgian beer and a DJ-set from Robert Abigail and an explosive openingceremony...what a lovely evening it was.

But finally, I had the chance to ride Pulsar. After riding it about 5 or 6 times yesterday, I can say one thing: Pulsar is AMAZING! In the front, in the middle, in the back,...what a great expercience.

Don't get mistaken by onrides or any other footage you can find on YouTube, the only way to experience Pulsar is riding it. When you see Pulsar on photos or videos, you might think it is not that high, it doesn't look fast or way to short. But just wait till you sit in one of the boats, face to face with the first vertical spike. It's like...HUGE! The first launch is only 50 kmph, but you can already feel the power behind it. Going backwards on the curved spike for the first time isn't the highest point of the ride, yet the height is very misleading. The second launch is more powerfull than the first and going vertical makes you like floating from your seat. But they obviously saved the best for the last. The third and final launch is like...ridiculously powerful! You get thrown out of your seat with such force and like almost being smashed into the seat in front of you. Lot's of floating airtime on top of the second spike...loved it. The splash...when you sit in front, the water is thrown in your face and is like...it drowns you. Sitting in the back, you get like buckets of water in your neck and leave the ride being soaked.

Make did a great job with this one. Pulsar is really an amazing experience. The park has three shuttle coaster, but it is impossible to compare both of them with Pulsar. It really is a complete and new experience you can't find anywhere else. In my opinion, Pulsar is now crowned the best ride in the park! Congrats, Walibi Belgium!