What's new

Walibi Belgium | Pulsar | Mack Power Splash

Lofty

CF Legend
Still. Struggling. To. Get. Excited.

There's just nothing that makes me think "I really wanna ride it", I'm more "I'll ride it if I'm passing the park". It's one of the first coasters in a long time that I've felt this way over. I have more of a pull to go to Paulton's to ride their two new coasters than I have to go to ride this.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
Still. Struggling. To. Get. Excited.

There's just nothing that makes me think "I really wanna ride it", I'm more "I'll ride it if I'm passing the park". It's one of the first coasters in a long time that I've felt this way over. I have more of a pull to go to Paulton's to ride their two new coasters than I have to go to ride this.

I'm almost the same. I think it's neat and it's a cool use of the technology, but I'm not going to change any plans just go ride it.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
8th May 2016 will be the day that Pulsar had its first try-out/soft-opening for regular visitors. At 2 PM, Walibi Belgium opened the doors from the Mack Splash Coaster. Several enthusiasts were in the park at the time and were brought back their thoughts about the ride.

Some opinions:

"Watching the testvideos from Pulsar made the ride look bland, slow and weak. However, this ride is definately underestimated!"

"Best investment in Walibi Belgium EVER"

"Promoted as a familyride? Well worth the name thrillride!"

"One of the best Mack Launch Coaster built so far!"

"A Walibi critic, but I have to say: congrats to Walibi for this amazing ride!"

"The wettest ride I have ever done! Drenched from head to toe!"

And finally: some pictures of the theming inside the queue from Pulsar:

13118975_687155324749982_997249038124078136_n.jpg

13133302_687155378083310_3895437060236651392_n.jpg

12036472_687155374749977_317334257435041558_n.jpg

A full walkthrough of the two pre-shows can be found at the Facebookpage of 'WalibiBand'

TilenB

Strata Poster
KristofWB said:
"Best Mack Launch Coaster built so far!"

Was this guy on drugs? Unless he meant this is the best launch Mack has implemented so far, I can't humanly imagine how a coaster that only goes forwards and backwards can be better than the likes of Helix, Blue Fire, etc.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The interior's even better than the exterior (they don't match though). I have enjoyed the theming from all three Walibi coasters this year!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Video of the very first public ride of Pulsar plus a view on the second preshow!

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQzbdFPyK0[/youtubevid]

ignace

Mega Poster
TilenB said:
KristofWB said:

Was this guy on drugs? Unless he meant this is the best launch Mack has implemented so far, I can't humanly imagine how a coaster

It was me and I'm not on drugs :D. Off course I meant the launch itself. It's amazing.

My friends and I were lucky enough to get the first public ride. We're on the video in the frontseat. Pulsar is trully an awesome ride: extremely wet, big fun, loved it!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
ignace said:
TilenB said:
KristofWB said:

Was this guy on drugs? Unless he meant this is the best launch Mack has implemented so far, I can't humanly imagine how a coaster

It was me and I'm not on drugs :D. Off course I was meant the launch itself. It's amazing.

My friends and I were lucky enough to get the first public ride. We're on the video in the frontseat. Pulsar is trully an awesome ride: extremely wet, big fun, loved it!

Lucky you were! Fun to hear that you, known as quit a Walibi-critic :mrgreen: , enjoyed Pulsar that much!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the doublepost...here an overall view from Pulsar, from queueu and pre-shows to the actual ride itself!

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mBJZ6Hunw[/youtubevid]

nealbie

CF Legend
It's amaaaaaazing. The launch backwards is so powerful and you get a ridiculous amount of airtime going backwards over the hump. It's pretty awesome seeing how quickly it fills up with water after you pass over it before the splash.

Oh yeah, the splash drowns you. Like. Totally.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
nealbie said:
It's amaaaaaazing. The launch backwards is so powerful and you get a ridiculous amount of airtime going backwards over the hump. It's pretty awesome seeing how quickly it fills up with water after you pass over it before the splash.

Oh yeah, the splash drowns you. Like. Totally.

I'll be at the official opening Saturday, so I'm pretty curious...

Meanwhile, the TV-commercial for Pulsar aired on Belgian TV since a couple of days!

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-guPadbIG5c[/youtubevid]

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
A bit late to the party here, but I'll agree that the POVs don't do this ride the justice it deserves - it's so much more interesting that just a basic shuttle and splash.

13266020_10100395150049940_5896252864480408844_n.jpg

A small group of us did a little trip at the end of May to the France/Germany border. We also nipped into Belgium to pick up Plopsa Coo and Walibi Belgium and were lucky enough to have timed it right for a soft opening of Pulsar on the afternoon of Saturday the 28th of May. Even if I'd known we were going to ride it, I wouldn't have been overly excited. I always thought it looked a bit boring during construction. But I was misguided.

First thoughts then:
-it looks ridiculous for the park to have two similarly shaped rides either side of the lake.
-its a proper spectacle coaster, with the whole pathway constructed to give a splash zone and a great view of the cred (and the fab turntable loading).

13263835_10100395150179680_7253489555500544570_n.jpg

13320011_10100395150089860_2916397381459356740_n.jpg

On-ride thoughts:
- the queue confused me as you have to go up over the loading area into what looks like a queue for something else
- there's a fab window in the queue to look outside over the splash
- I LOVE the way the music stops and there's a heatbeat monitor thing going on in the shape of a W that lights up and pulses when the cred's launching.
- The turntable loading - OMG how goony can you get <3
- The ride has several 'phases' - launch up and back over the hump (backwards airtime), a curved top to the spine slows down the ride at the highest point and gives an odd unexpected tilting sensation, and the final splash. It feels so much more complete that I was expecting and it's hugely re-rideable.
- I didn't get too wet sitting in the middle which is fine by me

13321830_10100395150254530_2955240425614306952_n.jpg

13312602_10100395150134770_2830303478627529265_n.jpg

Overall, it was an unexpectedly fab addition to our trip. I LOVE the backwards airtime and the goony loading system. It looks great next to the lake and the theme fits with the rest of the park. Can't wait to see more of these installed.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This ride looks really interesting and entertaining. Lots of fun in a small footprint.

Now, next on the agenda should be some water treatment. The lake is in is so green that the frothing water in the splash looks more brown than white.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Pokemaniac said:
This ride looks really interesting and entertaining. Lots of fun in a small footprint.

Now, next on the agenda should be some water treatment. The lake is in is so green that the frothing water in the splash looks more brown than white.

Walibi Belgium is aware of the water in their park. However, the park is located around a natural lake which is listed as protected nature area by the Belgian government, the park is not allowed to practice watertreatment. And all of the waterrides in the park (FlashBack logflume, Radja River rapids and Pulsar) pump their water from the lake...