What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
Here we go again:-

One train seems to be running much slower than the other.
Might have something to do with one of them being half empty.

Seriously though - if the borders don't reopen anytime soon does anyone fancy crossing the channel in a dingy and adopting borderline offensive French or Dutch accents to sneak into Belgium and ride this? I'm not doing it alone.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Here we go again:-

One train seems to be running much slower than the other.
It is weird how much difference there is between the 2 trains, almost 4 seconds. But I am positive that when Kondaa opens the "problem" will be fixed.
Walibi is/was probably testing the trains on how it would run if they were only allowed to run Kondaa on half the capacity because of Covid.

SoDa

Roller Poster

Seriously though - if the borders don't reopen anytime soon does anyone fancy crossing the channel in a dingy and adopting borderline offensive French or Dutch accents to sneak into Belgium and ride this? I'm not doing it alone.
As a belgian, i'm glad i'll have a few weeks of hopefully "low" queue time, I wouldn't go there if there was a 2h+ hours queue. Thanks for your sacrifice ! 😁

nson

Roller Poster

Haha from UK it will be complicated, but from Germany, Netherlands and France you can cross easily the borders with few chances you'll be controlled... just sayin guys 😄
For the test, is it possible they are testing each train with different set of wheels in anticipation of the heatwave and stuff ? i also said the lift hill less faster than it was when i saw it too.

Niles

Giga Poster
Lights are testing in the station.

Also there is some new concept art.
1615654335559.png
Source:

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
It just shows what a €100 million investment plan gets you (Looks at Merlin...)

It's taken the park from a 'I may have done it if I were driving past' to a 'I must plan a trip immediately'

It is also nice that they're doing an entire land around the new ride, and going the whole hog, instead of doing it over a number of years. 10/10 for effort!

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I need this coaster in my life.

My first post-covid trips are definitely going to be to the Walibi parks. A few days in Belgium followed by a few days in The Netherlands (dying to take a trip to Haarlem too)

If anyone needs a travel buddy let me know. None of my IRL friends see the appeal in travelling to a different country for a roller coaster. Idiots.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Have a look at this station...I'm impressed. Can't believe this is what used to be mediocre Walibi Belgium!

The station building looks incredible, the details on it are fantastic an the statue of kondaa is looking so amzing. One small detail I haven't really seen is the stairs that lead to a door on the right side of the entrance, I don't really know for what that will be used.