What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

waliboy

Roller Poster
16/06/2020:

ch7l01ggr2y.jpg

rd2272op6hfa.jpg

s24898.jpg

More? https://www.facebook.com/pg/themeparkmagic1/photos/?tab=album&album_id=735585250604067

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Unless they plan to have an OTT themed station, why would they bother building it so fast?

I can't wait for track pieces to arrive and see how this bad boy rises. This could give Goliath a run for it's money as Europe's best mega coaster (at least for me).

cookie

Giga Poster
Do we know if the layout's stayed the same since its IAAPA reveal? Parc Asterix's launcher has already changed layout multiple times if I'm not mistaken.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Do we know if the layout's stayed the same since its IAAPA reveal? Parc Asterix's launcher has already changed layout multiple times if I'm not mistaken.
No updates on that were given, but Walibi also never officially announced that layout either. So officially we do not know the layout yet

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Personally, I'm finding this one of the most exciting projects around at the moment. It's like... all the big 2020 projects are now permanently tainted by the 'rona. Whatever big opening plans they had are all smashed. Even when they do open, and even if they're amazing, they'll still all be late, delayed due to Covid, and that will never change.
This thing though - it's like a beacon of positivity in a world of sh*te, one of the few things that's actually going ahead as planned.
The fact that it's just an easy hop across the Channel also kinda helps, rather than being all the way over in pesky 'Muricaland.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Maybe dark green is a way of making the ride "blend" (if you can blend a 200 foot megacoaster) with the ride surroundings to avoid complaints? I don't know, it's just wild guessing since I have not been to the park.

I really like when parks go for colour schemes out of the traditional colour palette. Without a doubt, this is a project that, as @Howie has said, grabs my attention and could be the renaissance of the Intamin megacoaster at least in Europe (just like EGF cemented it back in the early 00s).

If these guys of RCS are at work, the ride will be fully erected before summer is over, hopefully. They work very efficiently (just look at their track record!).

Enil

Roller Poster
I would like to add that the actual track color is a bit lighter and greener than it looks on my picture, although still quite dark. I made it with my phone while zooming in a lot so I apologise for the mediocre quality.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Maybe dark green is a way of making the ride "blend" (if you can blend a 200 foot megacoaster) with the ride surroundings to avoid complaints? I don't know, it's just wild guessing since I have not been to the park.

That was my initial thought too, given the amount of issues they've had with locals and building new rides. The site has a lot of trees and next to it, so it would make sense.

Obviously you can't really build a 200ft coaster and not have it be noticeable, but the colour - and possibly the location of the lift hill - have probably helped mitigate some of the issues locals may have.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^^^It's only 164ft tall. That's more than a midges d*ck off being a hyper. Even Expedition GeForce is taller, faster and longer than this will be.

That being said I have no doubt this will be one of the best coasters in the world. Dare I say THE best all-steel coaster in the world, or best coaster in Europe at least?