What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Halloween Pimp My Ride + video!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Yesterday, the annual Halloween event at Walibi Belgium begun. After pimping up the ruins of the Tornado rollercoaster for Halloween 2005, the Ali Baba dark-ride from 2002 till 2010 and Turbine from 2009 till 2010, Walibi has done it again for this Halloween.

The past three years, Walibi also pimped the Gold River Adventure into Clowns River. This year they did the same thing, turning the Gold River Adventure into the family Halloweenride 'Zombie River'.

24109j9.jpg

Also new is one of the islands you pass during the ride, now being turned into 'Zombie Bar'! Only for RIP Pass holders, getting a free Zombielicious cocktail...

4sihys.jpg

Another pimped ride for Halloween, is the Calamity Mine Mine train, transformed into 'The Fanta Mine of Fear', an interactive lasershooter in cooperation with Fanta.

4uucg9.jpg

34dmvk4.jpg

The former Dalton Terror queue is now transformed into Zoo Terror II, which used to be in the Turbine-building last year, but due to the reopening of Turbine it moved to Dalton Terror.

310840_244774308904623_110145245700864_634744_1160940085_n.jpg

Last but not least is the bumpercars ride ‘Tuf Tuf Club’, changed into Insomnia, a zombie maze with two floors, already knows as the best haunted walk-through ever in Belgium.

Before
320532_242721112443276_110145245700864_628739_1894028339_n.jpg

After
2chu7bp.jpg

I don’t know why, but it always makes me wonder which rides will be tranformed into Halloween rides the following years. I think we almost had them all?

http://www.walibi-halloween.com

Pictures by: pompoen for Pretparkriebels, Walibi Belgium and Jonas from Pretparkkriebels.

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: [Walibi Belgium] Halloween Pimp My Ride!

Wow that's some transformation of the bumper cars. Will have to get over there at some point. Although I want to try and get to Terenzi Horror Nights next year.

Lofty

CF Legend

Wow. This looks fantastic. What a transformation, that theming is pretty incredible. I loved the video of Zoo Terror, I thought it looked great and from every photo I seen, it had a HUGE queue.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

"The Fanta Mine of Fear"

That sounds like the scariest ride ever... I'm not sure if it's ironic, just for kids or just for advertising, or all of them.

Lofty

CF Legend

Just for advertising, thought that would be clear? ;)

ScaredyCat

Roller Poster

Hi there coasterforce people! Please don't take the mick too much or accuse me of wanting to spoil everyone's, fun but is there any way one of you could tell me what the Walibi Halloween rides are like? I am tempted by Insomnia as I've never been on a haunted walk-through before but to be honest... I'm also worried that I'll poo myself :oops: I'm far more worried about Insomnia than about trying any rollercoaster in the park (at the same time, I understand that not knowing what to expect is part of the package... but well...). Do zombies actually jump in front of you with pretend chainsaws and things like that?
Also, I have a six-year-old son and I was wondering if the Fanta Mine of Fear and the Zoo Terror were ok for him. He copes well with the zombies walking around the park and was ok with Marva's Sweet Factory.
Thanks for your help!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^I've never been to Walibi myself, but KristofWB up there knows pretty much everything worth to know about the park, being a local and all. If nobody replies to your post within a day or two, you could send him a Private Message and ask.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

ScaredyCat said:
Hi there coasterforce people! Please don't take the mick too much or accuse me of wanting to spoil everyone's, fun but is there any way one of you could tell me what the Walibi Halloween rides are like? I am tempted by Insomnia as I've never been on a haunted walk-through before but to be honest... I'm also worried that I'll poo myself :oops: I'm far more worried about Insomnia than about trying any rollercoaster in the park (at the same time, I understand that not knowing what to expect is part of the package... but well...). Do zombies actually jump in front of you with pretend chainsaws and things like that?
Also, I have a six-year-old son and I was wondering if the Fanta Mine of Fear and the Zoo Terror were ok for him. He copes well with the zombies walking around the park and was ok with Marva's Sweet Factory.
Thanks for your help!

Walibi Belgium has Halloweenrides for the whole family. Having in mind you have a 6 year old son, Halloween in Walibi Belgium is suitable for him. The park is split up in 3 zones this year; Halloween for kids at the Walibi Playland, with little ghosts and pumpkins. There is the family zone, with Marva's Candy Factory and Halloween Park, which is there for teenagers and adults. Halloween Park starts at the 4D-cinema and ends at the Lucky Luke City zone at the park. This zone is very easy to avoid and you can still discover the rest of the park.

For a 6 year old, there are three haunted houses that I think are suitable for him. First of all Zombie River, which has pretty creepy but innocent theming and because it is a waterride, not that much actors. However, it is not for sure a young kid wouldn’t get scared. Also for kids is Marva’s Candy Factory. There are about 15 actors running around, dressed as funny creatures making candy. They are not there to scare people and walk around pretty funny. Every visitor also gets a free bag of candy after passing the exit. Little scare-effects inside. However, host of Halloween; Marva, is sitting there on the balcony of the ride. Keep in mind that she is speaking to visitors in a very obscene way (she uses words such as sh*t, vomit, f*ck, b*tch, wh*re and other –for six years olds – very obscene languague. A video of Marva’s Candy Factory can be found underneath:

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD9Qpm4Ud24[/youtube]

The Fanta Mine of Fear is actually ment for family, but do have some scare-actors inside. Point is to get a high-score with a lasergun in shape of a magic stick. Scare effects are activated by visitors themselve. So when you are inside the house with more people, they can activate the effects in front of you. The Fanta Mine of Fear is located in the queue of Calamity Mine, but you can choose not to enter the house and use another entrance for the ride.
Zoo Terror II is not for 6 years old and is not advised for kids underneath 14 years old. I have done the previous version last year and it was very intense. Unlike in other parks, actors in the houses are not afraid to touch, push or pull at visitors. For example, past year in Zoo Terror, I was pushed into a corner by an actor with a big chainsaw. This year is less intense, yet inside it is a total chaos with loud music, agressive and scary actors and a claustrophobic atmosphere.

Insomnia is brand new this year and is only for people 16 years and older. I haven’t done it yet but spoke to many people who have already did. One of them visits over 10 parks during Halloween and he said this was actually the most frightening experiences ever. Only groups of 5 people can get in per time. Insomnia is a Halloween maze and has a huge amount of agressive and brutal actors inside. The passageways inside are very narrow and are filled with actors, who can lock you up, scare the hell out of you and release you when they think it is enough. You never know when this ride ends as it depends on how long actors keep you inside or when you can find a way out. Insomnia has two floors. Mind that on the stairs, your legs might be grabbed by actors hiding underneath.

More questions? You can always PM me and I’ll try to answer as soon as possible!

oriolat2

Giga Poster

KristofWB said:
Mind that on the stairs, your legs might be grabbed by actors hiding underneath.

Wow, Insomnia sounds pretty intense, according to your description. And ^this would never be allowed by H&S in the UK :--D

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

oriolat2 said:
KristofWB said:
Mind that on the stairs, your legs might be grabbed by actors hiding underneath.

Wow, Insomnia sounds pretty intense, according to your description. And ^this would never be allowed by H&S in the UK :--D

I haven't done Insomnia yet, but from what I have heard from people who have done it, it sounds pretty intense. One of them has visited Movie Park Germany and Walibi Holland already, which I thought were pretty intense at Halloween. I will be at the Halloween Fest now saturday, so I can tell how it is.

However, I think that the touching of people by actors is not allowed everywhere. For example in Walibi Holland it is not done. Many Dutch fans who are coming to Walibi Belgium for Halloween are not pleased with the fact they get touched or grabbed by actors. Sometimes, actors in walk-throughs in Walibi Belgium can go pretty far. I remember this one time a girl was picked up by an evil clown and dragged into a coffin. I also remember people getting pushed into corners. Extreme was at Hotel Fant'ôme, when this butcher kind of guy who was throwing pieces of bloody meat to people.

Also inhere, a small video of 'Fanta Mine of Fear'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HK0lFHk1wo

A video of 'Halloween Land'
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2515770091481

ScaredyCat

Roller Poster

Ha ha ha ha I don't know whether to laugh or cry, Insomnia and Zoo Terror and the things you have done before sound scary as hell! :lol: Thank you very, very much however for taking the time to reply in such detail, that was very kind. Are you Belgian, Kristof? I'm French and my other half is Scottish (you can perhaps imagine how he'd feel about being grabbed by actors!) but we live in Wavre, five minutes away from the park so we have annual passes. We love it there.

We're definitely sticking to the rollercoasters, flying chairs etc this Halloween though! :lol:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

^^

I just got back from Halloween in Walibi Belgium and did Insomnia. I can asure you that this was actually the most intense and scary walk-throughs in my life, visiting Halloween every year.

At first, the building looks massive and by night they added lighteffects, fire and explosions to the front of the house. The queue was massive, but the park offered enough entertainment in every queue for Halloween rides with magicians, zombies and other actors.

The walk-through starts in the hallway of some kind of church where you stand in front of 6 doors. You can choose one of them and with 4 to 6 people you get pushed with violence into your cell, which is a pitch-dark, hot and smelly little room from about 1 meter into 2 meters. They lock you up inthere for a couple of minutes, being frightened with knocking and scratching on the door and walls of the room. You also get surprised by a zombie that comes from a shaft in the ceiling, grabbing your hair and clothes. Next, you get pulled brutally out of your cell and pushed into the maze that is pretty long and filled with an angry load of agressive, brutal and very well made up actors, chasing you with chainsaws, butcherknives, whipps and claws. Actors are actually everywhere and are noth afraid to touch, pull, push. They come out of walls, underneath stairs, hang on the ceiling, jump out of nowhere,...
During your walk, you pass a constructionsite with people in concrete mills, a dungeon with cells and S&M/Pinhead looking very muscled actors. Wheter you come in groups of 2, 3, 4 or even 5, at that point of the ride each one of you gets forced into seperate cells with bars, get attacked by actors and everyone is released one by one, making you finish the rest of the maze on your own.

I was pretty amazed after I got out of this Halloween walk-through. More questions, you can always PM me!

Here is a general video from yesterday that I found, mady by BrakeSection.be

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLYf_XoOh-w[/youtube]

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

-lofty- said:
Wow. This looks fantastic. What a transformation, that theming is pretty incredible. I loved the video of Zoo Terror, I thought it looked great and from every photo I seen, it had a HUGE queue.

As Walibi announced during an interview, Zoo Terror I had massive queue's. Steven Putzeys, Operations Manager from Walibi Belgium announced that queue's for Zoo Terror ran up to...4 hours!!!

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, the only other place I've seen come close in terms of queues was the Fujikyu - Fuji-Q one (Horror Hospital/Haunted Hospital).

It puts our record for an hour and half to shame :(

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium posted a Halloween after-movie on their YouTube channel. Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R9ivpQ-p-8[/youtube]