What's new

Walibi Belgium | 50th birthday surprise | 2025

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
In 2017, Walibi Belgium announced a 100.000.000 EUR investmentplan that should be finished in 2023. Rethemed lands and new rides were a part of this ambitious plan that should cover up 75% of the park.

However, after COVID-19 and the disastrous floodings last summer, it seemed those plans were on hold.

Until now, as the parks CEO - Jean Christophe Parent - confirmed that they will kick off the plan starting from december 2023.

Something we didn't know is that the park is going to celebrate it's 50th birthday in 2025 with "something new and innovative that isn't part of the 100.000.000 EUR plan".

Source: La Derniere Heure

Nick13

Mega Poster
This sounds promising, do you know what was still left to add from the initial investment plan?

I was at Walibi in October on their reopening day and was really impressed with all the improvements since my previous visit in 2016. Kondaa was awesome, and Popcorns Revenge was a pleasant surprise as well.

If they could get RMC in to work their magic on Werewolf like they did in Holland, they would have a very strong top 2!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
This sounds promising, do you know what was still left to add from the initial investment plan?

I was at Walibi in October on their reopening day and was really impressed with all the improvements since my previous visit in 2016. Kondaa was awesome, and Popcorns Revenge was a pleasant surprise as well.

If they could get RMC in to work their magic on Werewolf like they did in Holland, they would have a very strong top 2!
Left to add:

* Retheming of the entrance
* Vampire/ France zone + Italian zone will become a New Orleans/Voodoo zone with a themed restaurant
* Retheme of the Wild West Zone and a Mack Twist 'n' Splash
* An unknown flatride
* Retheme of Psyké Underground + Pulsar-zone (harbor themed)
* Expansion of Aqualibi with a bunch of new slides.
* A new rollercoaster at the end of this plan is rumored!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Great to see the plan recommencing. It's been said time and time again, but the park have done wonders with their recent investments as part of the revitalisation, and really looking forward to seeing it continue, especially with some of the more tired parts of the park, like the Western area.

I know in the past there's been interviews where someone (I assume the CEO) said that RMC Weerwolf wasn't really something on the cards, despite the successes of Untamed. Be interesting to see if that stance does change. I can't see how they can expand the park further, and I think it would be a struggle to fit in a new coaster in the existing park without removing something.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Re-theme of Wild West Zone? Intriguing. Does that mean a re-theme of Calamity Mine?
I'd love to see it upgraded rather than completely re-themed. Wild West is such a killer theme and Calamity Mine is actually really nice looking, one of the better looking mine trains out there.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
* Vampire/ France zone + Italian zone will become a New Orleans/Voodoo zone with a themed restaurant
Heard that this would also include a renovation and relocation of the former Coccinelle Zierer coaster for this season, which was removed in 2017 to take way for Tiki-Waka and reappear on the old ferris wheel site for this season. It appears, however, that following the disaster that was last year those plans are on hold. Is this still something that they intend to pursue next year?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Great to see the plan recommencing. It's been said time and time again, but the park have done wonders with their recent investments as part of the revitalisation, and really looking forward to seeing it continue, especially with some of the more tired parts of the park, like the Western area.

I know in the past there's been interviews where someone (I assume the CEO) said that RMC Weerwolf wasn't really something on the cards, despite the successes of Untamed. Be interesting to see if that stance does change. I can't see how they can expand the park further, and I think it would be a struggle to fit in a new coaster in the existing park without removing something.
They still have alot of room to expand the park.

There is still alot of ground next to Kondaa. The CEO of the park has already confirmed that these grounds will be used in the near future.

There is also the former location of Tornado/Vertigo, which is massive. Another place to expand is in between Vampire and the parkinglot.

By the way...Coccinelle will re-open in one of the years between 2024 and 2028.