What's new

Wagon wheels

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
So I got bored with trying to think up cool ways of winning the spinning comp. I decided to take a break from it (even though I haven't actually done any yet) and build this:

wagonwheels.jpg

It's called wagon wheels, it only took about 3 or 4 hours to make. It's meat to be either a cheap coaster for small parks, or a great way to introduce children to airtime. The idea came from thinking, what's the smallest train I could make on NL?

The ride would be one like corkscrew, i.e. easily able to be cloned. I didn't know whether to have a bobsleigh coaster or a wooden coaster but I decided the wooden one looked cooler.

This particular clone would be themed and sponsored around the most awesome biscuit in existence: the wagon wheel. In the station, 'the big country' theme would play.

Please download and comment, as this is only about my second NL upload.
WARNING may be a bit rough, and the supports are from auto generator.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxymcwnmmqt/Wagon wheels ride.nltrack

Brookes

Giga Poster
Great little ride. I didn't think it was that rough, there were a few little bumps and jerks here and there, but the speed meant they weren't that noticable. It is a great little ride for younger ones, and my only advice is to keep making coasters and you will notice more things as you get more experienced and your trackwork will improve.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Thanks so much for the feedback and yeah I know that the generator doesn't generate realistic supports but I made this at about half twelve to 3 am this morning XD so firstly yeah I didn't know how to do those supports and secondly I didn't really want to spend ages, it was just a quick track to get my mind off the spinner.

But I do already use ctrl+G on all the track sections that are not meant to be straight, and even though this was the first track where I tried to use fairly even track segments, there were still a few bumps here and there.

And thanks brookes I will try to! My next coaster obviously will be the spinner, and then I want to make something big and fast... dunno what yet though.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ It was! If this ride ever got built, I'd have it sposored by them! Legendary biscuits!

Oh you'll also notice especially in the spinner comp if I ever get round to it, that even though my tracks aren't that great, I try to make them as original as I can, so whilst they aren't so smooth and impressive in that way, at least they're interesting.

And then, once I do get good, I'll have a larger arsenal of elements to play with.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I thought it was a great ride, forces in check, although maybe a little high if this is meant to be an introductory (word?) ride. Not that bumpy and in most places the banking was fine, the only criticism is that there is no need to bring the ride to a near stop after every element, if you want to slow it down so much, it needs to be more naturaly, here the ride almost stops before the transport section gets it going again, in future, spend more time on the speed limits and effects of the brake, and a little more time smoothing, other than that, well done.

EDIT: Just found out why. Don't put a train on every block, if you want to add more trains, make a long final brake and split it rather than fill up all the blocks along the ride.

Dave

CF Legend
I don't even have to ride it to say its not realistic for kids to be introduced to airtime.