What's new

VR coaster at Linnanmäki

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
The first VR coaster in the Nordic countries, Linnunrata eXtra, opens this week on Friday the 20th at Linnanmäki! The park has released a teaser video:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgxGqDevl00[/youtubevid]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I knew it had to be Linnunrata as soon as I saw the topic. Although the outer space theme is quite nice, the coaster would get quite boring after a few rides. The VR experience also seems to be tied in with the theme, so I think this is actually a coaster that benefits from offering it.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
ECG said:
I knew it had to be Linnunrata as soon as I saw the topic. Although the outer space theme is quite nice, the coaster would get quite boring after a few rides. The VR experience also seems to be tied in with the theme, so I think this is actually a coaster that benefits from offering it.

Exactly my thoughts. This is one of the few coasters were I actually see the point of VR.
Animation looks pretty crap though.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I think dark coasters are probably the most suitable candidates for VR as at least it's not taking away much of the real-world experience. The animation on this one looks a bit cheap but to be honest it looks more fun than Galactica - it has flying cows! :)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I went to Linnanmäki last Saturday thinking it might be open. Turns out Lunnanrata was still operating without the VR on it. The coaster was really short and didn't really do anything. It felt like Linnanmäki's version of X:\WTF. I am in no rush to go back to the park let alone to go on a VR coaster.

I really hope this VR fever dies soon.