What's new

Vista (and windows 7) fix

Josh73

Giga Poster
If you have Vista and can't make billboards, do this tutorial. I did and it really works. I know it seems a little sketchy, but it really does work. MAKE SURE YOU TYPE IN EVERYTHING CORRECTLY

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DIVR806a4[/youtube]

And don't put "Ross Patrick, put your user.

mouse

Giga Poster
Re: Vista fix

Good find. I probably won't do it myself, don't want billboards enough to do any of that.

Josh73

Giga Poster

It's not hard, only takes 5 minutes. I never thought I'd use billboards until I actually did this tutorial.

P.S. I may be heading to your design shop for some ride logos soon. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Billboards in Vista aren't that complicated. It's just that the game starts looking for pictures in the "My pictures" folder, which doesn't exist in Vista. It's just called "Pictures" there, and the game won't recognise that as your default picture folder. So the picture folder will always turn up empty.

To find pictures, just go up a level or two from the "my pictures" folder the game directs you to. Then you'll find yourself in your Documents folder somewhere. Go from there to find your desired picture. It's not difficult.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

Just make a copy of your Pictures folder if you're nervous about linking directories.

Thanks for posting this, Josh. This actually works on Windows 7, too.