What's new

VinWonders | Phú Quốc, Vietnam | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Here's a piece of art showing the indoor Vekoma Family Suspended. The ride will be the standard Orkanen layout and will be called Eagle Warriors.

Le-dong-tho-04-1024x577.jpg

And for fun a couple of older shots of the Firestorm

Le-dong-tho-05-1024x768.jpgreceived_2374512592767323.jpeg

I'm other news the park plans show that the current junior Boomerang and Roller skater will move to this new park. The conclusion being that the old park will close and be used as possible water park expansion space.

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
Interestingly these 2 screens shots from the video of what appears to be an Intamin Half Pipe?

If it is it could be the one from Finland?

It is still for sale on here, but maybe the site needs to be updated.

It was added today on RCDB as being a surfrider instead of a half pipe coaster: https://rcdb.com/18252.htm

I don't know where they have that info from.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

It is still for sale on here, but maybe the site needs to be updated.

It was added today on RCDB as being a surfrider instead of a half pipe coaster: https://rcdb.com/18252.htm

I don't know where they have that info from.

Its actually due to the support structure. The Half Pipe and Sufrider have slightly different support structures on the spikes
Its hard to find proper pictures but you can sort of see here

Half Pipe
HPSR1.JPG
Surfrider
HPSR2.JPG

As you can see in the 2nd pic theres an angled bar running roughly parallel to the track which isnt seen in the Half Pipe model.

HP3.JPG
This one at Vinwonders also has this support so it isn't the Särkänniemi ride or the also missing Don Quijote ride, Neither of which have the support.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If that's a Surfrider or Half Pipe, shouldn't the second spike also be visible in the pictures above?

I mean, I can't think of anything else it could feasibly be or look like (bar a swing launch spike for a model kept unusually well hidden from the public eye), but it doesn't appear to be fully constructed.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
If that's a Surfrider or Half Pipe, shouldn't the second spike also be visible in the pictures above?

I mean, I can't think of anything else it could feasibly be or look like (bar a swing launch spike for a model kept unusually well hidden from the public eye), but it doesn't appear to be fully constructed.
Correct... As far as we can tell the 2nd spike just isn't up yet. The newest snippets of it I've found are from almost a month ago though. Having everyone locked up in houses is making construction pictures somewhat harder to come by right now it seems.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok... So the layout and launch look pretty decent absolutely fantastic. However, I do think that the trims on the drop trim a little too hard, making the rest of the layout run slightly slower than I'd want, at least compared to the likes of Lech Coaster. I mean it is a test run, so I'm hoping it will speed up just a little bit.

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I think I've found it. The most egregious trim ever installed. I wasn't really a fan of this model to begin with, but now that that trim turns it into a ?ing DIVE COASTER, I really don't care about it now. Now I'm concerned about the Shockwave layout getting neutered by the trim on that drop.