What's new

Vialand - Turkey - Opening Spring 2013

Martyn B

CF Legend
At least this is a project that's actually getting built... that reminds me, we haven't had an update on that Cincitta (?) park in ages...

nadroJ

CF Legend
So weird to me that there are a couple fo substantial looking parks, with a selection of rides ranging from good-great, being built in mainland Europa and yet it all seems to be very quiet?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ If you mean on the construction side of things, then yeah, I agree.

Apparently that Adventure World in Warsaw isn't likely to go ahead now either...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
All seems a little quiet on this park at the moment, My current plan is to visit Istanbul around the end of May so If I'm REALLY lucky I can ride these, if I'm as lucky as I expect then I will be able to take some construction pictures.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Balls.. If I'd spent a bit more time looking earlier.... oh well.

Anyway check out this rather awesome little construction video from Vialand
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWBX1WUKOk[/youtube]

Theres also a larger version of the rendering I showed earlier that has the mysterious 3rd coaster on it.
vialandmore1.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Yeah, your guess is as good as mine lol.

Really interesting little video. Definitely can't see it opening this Spring, maybe late Summer?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEzOVtMFxjk[/youtube]

They just released a 2nd video. Not much new but a cool look inside their indoor boat ride.

peep

CF Legend
The ride 14 secs in, wtf is that? I don't think I've seen a spin 'n' spew ride like that before.

LOL, they have a King Kong ride, they're so awful.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
575357_416088655155967_224356082_n.png

Just posted on their FB, the post is about the tower but the mystery of the 4th rendered coaster (see my post before in this thread) continues.

andrus

Giga Poster
A google translation of their webpage:
Vialand said:
You meet on May 29
..so possibly a late May opening?

Although there are several impressive looking pictures on instagram of the dark ride, drop tower etc, I have not seen any vertical construction on the LSM coaster.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ You're forgetting though. Turkey is so deprived when it comes to theme parks. King Kong will be such a huge deal for many people over their. Probably 60% of the population have never been to a serious theme park.. I wouldn't disregard the ride at all, it'll probably go down amazingly well.

peep

CF Legend
You've clearly never been on one then.

They look fantastic but you'd be more entertained watching a washing machine than riding it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
LOL.. I guess being Turkish myself, I understand the cultural differences. I can say for sure that the Turks will lap this up, even though to the rest of the world, its pants.. Never know, it might have a different ride program?