What's new

Vekoma Trains released

Slash

Giga Poster
Didn't see this anywhere so...

http://viewer.zmags.co.uk/showmag.php?mid=gfsrf#/page22/

Vekomanewtrains.jpg

Vekoma are designing in BM style trains, 4 across seating.

Ollie

CF Legend
I would say something but I'm not allowed. ;)

Yes these new trains do look quite cool. The Stingray trains look pretty neat. As do the Mega coaster trains.

Dave

CF Legend
What your speculating that one of these trains will be from Vekoma for the AT 2010 coaster?

Ben

CF Legend
Not when they start to move ;)

Though it could of course just have been that nasty, hideous, foul beast in New Jersey!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Vekom and B&M really are swapping designs, aren't they?

First B&M borrows the staggered seating to create stadium seating on their hypers and now this! :razz:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Wowee, these look great and they appear to be offering a huge variety of track types too.
I hope they still sell the older stuff such as the Mine Trains, I think thats what make Vekoma.

marc

CF Legend
Yes Ollie these are to go on the new track, most people have worked it out now. So I think you can stop it with the I can not say stuff. Anyway thats for the Alton new coaster topic.

Anyway they look ok for trains, but would rather a B&M coaster with 4 across :) People can make them now as the lock or what ever you call it is finished.

Slash

Giga Poster
Sorry, thought they might have been but after a quick look through didn't see the topic so thought I'd post it in case!

Well they do look good and more comfy

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
They all look very aesthetically pleasing, and very ergonomic, which will hopefully create more enjoyable, comfortable and smooth rides.... Well, we'll see!

cool)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Who's just learnt some big words in GCSE DT? ;)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
They all look very aesthetically pleasing, and very ergonomic, which will hopefully create more enjoyable, comfortable and smooth rides.... Well, we'll see!

cool)

I'm thinking Injection Moulded Polypropylene, known for its high impact strength :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
dj-fireball999 said:
Yep, and I'm currently studying for A Level DT! :--D
I thought you might say that. It's just "aesthetically pleasing" is such a GCSE DT cliché. Thankfully I've avoided it in my A - Level projects so far.

DanzibarDrums said:
dj-fireball999 said:

cool)

I'm thinking Injection Moulded Polypropylene, known for its high impact strength :)
Not convinced you'd want PP as the polymer. Well, not for the harnesses at least!

Anyway, back on topic now. I quite like the look of these new trains. They look similar to B&Ms trains, but they're not so similar that they look tacky. I think they actually looks quite stylish. Let's just hope they'll increase the smoothness of the rides a bit!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
They will be replacement trains, Vekoma do a lot of work with S&S Power/ S&S Arrow to repair parts and maitain old Arrow coasters. Also, Vekoma sitdowns may get them, Mega Coaster may just be the name of them and not strictly be about actual Mega Coasters.