What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Most of these tilt coasters are just like any other Vekoma coaster. In theory the park can already assemble all of the track and do the theming without the tower itself being ready in order to get the construction done faster. Then when the tower is ready then just build that. Even for 2023 openings Vekoma has almost a year on them to finish the tower construction and testing while the parks can already start assembling the rest of the coaster.
I mean this is true in theory, provided the construction sequence can be worked out so that they can still get the bigger cranes in to where they need them. Not always the case!

Indy

Hyper Poster
I mean this is true in theory, provided the construction sequence can be worked out so that they can still get the bigger cranes in to where they need them. Not always the case!
Yep, very much the case. To add to this, the tower is the most crucial part of the ride. It is almost certainly preferable to install a good chunk of it first to ensure that there aren't any major alignment issues on site.

Skip6788

Roller Poster
U mean this train :
View attachment 18555

This is from 2015, I will go back to Vekoma next weekend to see if they placed it on the test-setup.
Yes, that trains!
But I dont think they will use them. They are there only for storage probably becaude inside is no space.
When you look at the various concept art works, you will see the MK1100 trains.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Yes, that trains!
But I dont think they will use them. They are there only for storage probably becaude inside is no space.
When you look at the various concept art works, you will see the MK1100 trains.
No, there is storage inside the factory available. (or in their storage facility)
They haven't been outside for years. last time in 2015.
They just popped up in the testing area last week.
Very coincidence.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Why would Mayan's stairs be there? It's not being removed is it?
Nope it's not but they changed the stairs or smth, but constructions on Tilt at Energylandia should start in 2022, as they said it in their financial statement so we are waiting for it, for now they're trying to finish Sweet Valley as soon as possible then they hopefully start with Tilt