What's new

Vekoma Re-Birth

Matt N

CF Legend
I love it! The new logo is so contemporary and snazzy, and really represents the much more premium direction Vekoma is going in now! Hopefully this rebrand is the start of great things for Vekoma!
P.S. Not that Vekoma's older rides weren't premium for their time, but I much prefer the look of their newer track style and visual design to their older one.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Went to IAAPA a couple of days ago. Had no idea the logo was new. Meh.
6f9e4f9157720b2d6ce4d8725e882b62.jpg

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Might as well share the interview I filmed with Vekoma's new lead engineer here then:

For the record Benjamin joined Vekoma at the end of his college studies in 2009, then became Senior Concept Engineer in 2015 (!). Although other disciplines at the company were obviously also influential, he played a major role in Vekoma's remarkable renaissance, coming with the many exciting designs such as Lech. I particularly enjoyed him talking me through the thought process of designing the Top Gun's crazy first inversion (6:15 in the video). It was an utmost privilege to meet him and hear his great insights on the company's turnaround!

(I usually share my Youtube stuff accordingly in the Ad section, but thought it was relevant to make an exception here. Hope some of you will find Benjamin's comments interesting!)

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Now a few questions pop up: 1. What park will this go to first. (Apperently Vekoma already sold one. Source: 'Vekoma has already sold a copy of Thunderbird. "But we can not say anything about the customer yet", says the information officer.'
And
2. Why does Vekoma consider this a family coaster?

Bredera

Roller Poster
What park will this go to first. (Apperently Vekoma already sold one. Source: 'Vekoma has already sold a copy of Thunderbird. "But we can not say anything about the customer yet", says the information officer.'
Yeah saw that as well, but I have no idea. Could be a park that we know or an obscure park somewhere in Asia :rolleyes:
Why does Vekoma consider this a family coaster?
Maybe because it only has 2 inversions, or maybe because they have more extreme versions in the works, all will be revealed in time I am sure of it ;)

RLB500

Roller Poster
Vekoma rides have always been good intensity, fun rides purely let down by roughness in my opinion. The smoother Vekomas, and the newer models are great. Is there going to be a new off the shelf suspended coaster or are they all going to be custom? SLCs hurt like hell but the layouts are very nice, and the range of elements tends to be quite broad.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
You both look stupid tbh.

ATI, I'm not really sure what you're wanting them to announce? Clearly you're asking a question that only Vekoma or the parks themselves will know, so it's pointless asking. Cranedude, how many times do you have to be told about how you post before it gets through?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Clearly you're asking a question that only Vekoma or the parks themselves will know, so it's pointless asking.
To be fair, a decent amount of enthusiasts ask these kinds of questions. "Oh I wonder when testing will start?" "Will this ride open on time?" "Where's this ride now that it's been removed?" People like asking questions, but a fair few of them can't/won't be answered. ATI is no different.

But @Cranedude , please think before you post. This is a forum board, not a text chat. Even if you want to make a post for the sole intent of agreeing with someone, at the very least post something more than 'ya'. Instead, say you agree with the post, and perhaps elaborate on the statement/question. Ask your own question you want answered. Make a comment on a certain aspect of the topic. State your own opinion. Anything more than 10 characters. We don't want to warn you any more.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
But @Cranedude , please think before you post. This is a forum board, not a text chat. Even if you want to make a post for the sole intent of agreeing with someone, at the very least post something more than 'ya'. Instead, say you agree with the post, and perhaps elaborate on the statement/question. Ask your own question you want answered. Make a comment on a certain aspect of the topic. State your own opinion. Anything more than 10 characters. We don't want to warn you any more.
Re-iterating this in its entirety because it evidently needs to be said twice. If your only message is "I agree" or "I like this", just use the Like button.

Or, formulated differently: "ya".