What's new

Vekoma New-Gen Coasters Discussion Thread

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Anyone know what exactly the guys in Vlodrop have been drinking, and can I have some of it please?

Of all their recently released layouts, this looks like my potential favourite. The speed it's taking some of those elements is lush <3
I believe all these designs have come from the mind of Vekomas senior concept engineer Benjamin Bloemendaal. i dont think its a coincidence all these designs appeared after he moved into the role 2 and a half years ago.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
As discussed on the FLY topic, Vekoma has very recently revamped their website in line with their new logo and general rebranding. Their new concepts and designs are finally shown including some never seen before!

https://www.vekoma.com

5SarQpT.png

Next Gen Flying Coaster

ZPamvvJ.png

Next Gen SLC, "Suspended Thrill Coaster"

Also announced is a Next Gen Motorbike coaster with new track and train soon to be revealed!

#nerdgasm

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Whilst they're doing some exciting stuff, it's a shame they don't use a Mack/Taron style lap restraint on the Bermuda blitz models.

Although admittedly I've not done Lech Coaster, and I've heard the OTSR's are fine.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Oh Lech's restraints are ok. Admittedly not on Mack/Intamin lap-bars level, but the sensation of freedom is very decent and the vests aren't too tight compared to some B&M Wingcoasters.

Really curious to eventually find out which parks are going to install these Next Gen STCs and Flyers

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
While i am not privy to if this has been sold anywhere this is another of the new Vekoma designs from their new catalogue of pretty amazing looking rides.

7invert.jpg

In other news theres a new Space Warp (forumla Clone) now up in Zhengzhou's Fantawild 3. Interesting because so far they have gone for the non LSM Energy Storm version
ZhengLSM.JPG

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
While i am not privy to if this has been sold anywhere this is another of the new Vekoma designs from their new catalogue of pretty amazing looking rides.

View attachment 4871

In other news theres a new Space Warp (forumla Clone) now up in Zhengzhou's Fantawild 3. Interesting because so far they have gone for the non LSM Energy Storm version
View attachment 4872
Meh, not as keen on that new layout. Too many inversions, not enough airtime. Although I am curious to see if this will have a launched lift hill, looking at the size of that crest. I assume it won't, though.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Meh, not as keen on that new layout. Too many inversions, not enough airtime. Although I am curious to see if this will have a launched lift hill, looking at the size of that crest. It likely won't, though.
Does seem to be pretty much all inversions doesn't it?

Lift hill is interesting, but I'm suspecting a Skyrush/Flying Aces style lift with a very fast chain/cable. The think that makes me question a launch/fast lift is the relatively low height of the following elements though, would have some pretty crazy speed through those if it does over the top of the lift at any reasonable speed.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
While like @CrashCoaster I'm not overwhelmed by this new design, I still think this brings refreshing variation on the standard formula of 'Loop, Zero G, Immelmann' seen on so many B&M multi-loopers.

Curious to learn if indeed the layout is sold, as it would go against the fashion of building coasters that mix airtime and inverdions, and instead opt for full loop-dee-loop action like in the 80/90s.