What's new

V2: Vertical Velocity at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

RCF

Strata Poster
I've been wondering about this because I heard something somewhere. Since you go up at a 45 degree angle, does it technically an inversion? I heard somewhere that it's actually counted as an inversion, but I watched a POV and said it had none.

Jake

Strata Poster
This pops up once in a blue moon in the polls forum, I think I started the last topic...

It depends what your definition of an inversion is...

Now i've ridden it, I can 100% say that I regard it as an inversion, purely for the fact that the hangtime is INSANE.

I think if a 'normal' coaster had an element like this, it would be considered an inversion. IMO, there are two reasons people disregard this as an inversion:

1) It was changed from a very similar element that clearly ISN'T an inversion (the vertical twist)
2) It's an Impulse coaster, and an inversion on an impulse prior to this was unheard of, so people just got the idea in their head that it isn't one.

Long winded, but that's what I think!

RCF

Strata Poster
^^ More bragging about your trip eh? :wink: I kind of do because at a 45 degree angle, rather than straight up, you are upside down. and LFTL there's no need for your sarcasm or whatever that was.

Snoo

The Legend
Yes.

I believe as you get close to vertical and don't truly experience the 'flip' as you could say (Wicked Twister) the less it is an inversion.

V2 is definitely an inversion though.

and LFTL there's no need for your sarcasm or whatever that was.

Uhh, I wasn't being sarcastic? My reasoning was that yes, it does enough of a flip. I don't have to go into a whole spiel about why I think it's an inversion, lol. I just simply think you feel like you're upside down, and your head is where your feet should be, so yes, inversion.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It may not be inverting on the Y axis, but it is on the A axis - or something like that anyway :)

Don't make me get the yellow diagram out again! ;)