What's new

USThrillRides Polercoaster opening near Atlanta & in Florida

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: USThrillRides Polercoaster opening near Atlanta & in Flo

Well, we haven't heard otherwise, so it's safe to assume everything is still on.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

$50 million-$60 million seems really expensive. That's double the cost of TTD (and I assume KK as well). Does a support system for an extra 100 feet really make that big of a difference? I suppose having the observation deck and whatnot on the top adds to the cost, but still...

On a different note, does anyone have any information or speculation about how big this thing's footprint could be?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

It's not just the extra 100 feet of height.

The structure is holding the ride, the restaurant, and whatever else they put 500 feet up there. Plus, unlike TTD and Kingda Ka, this thing isn't just going straight up and down. Since it will be doing turns, dives, inversions, etc on the tower, that structure has to be able to bear all those dynamic loads, too. Besides, the cost of building something 250 feet tall is NOT the cost of building one something 200 feet tall and another that's 50 feet tall. Cost increases exponentially with height. Just ask the poor sots that are paying for the Burj Khalifa.

Between all that and the nine years of inflation, I can see how that would jack the price way up.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

rtotheizzo17 said:
Looks like you can still "get in on the ground floor" for the worlds tallest rollercoaster. It even comes with a benefits package that includes US citizenship!

Maybe coasterforce can scrap together some of their youtube earnings and become a partner?

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... r_coa.html
No confirmation that this is the PolarCoaster, and there's also a giant mall with 'rotating observation deck' being pushed for International Drive. Could soon have four observation buildings in the space of a few blocks - is there anything worth looking at?!

marc

CF Legend

Yeah the main road lol.

I really do not get why you need a wheel and all this there, there is nothing to see.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

You'll be able to see my house :D
But mostly just run down dumpy I-Drive hotels... and maybe some of Uni/SeaWorld.. and Disney from a far.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Not all of I-Drive hotels are dumpy, there's some pretty nice ones...