What's new

USThrillRides Polercoaster opening near Atlanta & in Florida

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: USThrillRides Polercoaster opening near Atlanta & in Flo

That's actually awful!

You'd have thought to break the 500ft mark someone would come up with something special, maybe a huge launch from Intamin or S&S with a half decent layout, but this this is awful. It makes absolutely no use of its height and it's basically going to be about as thrilling as a wild mouse. What a crap idea!

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

I love the idea but hope that it's like **** insane version of the el locos as opposed to a giant piece of helix crap, but I have more confidence since Shilke is designing it.

kadabrium

Roller Poster

So is this thing trimmed along the entire length of the track?
I noticed some interesting banking in the concept video which I can't replicate in NL at all.

Lofty

CF Legend

That video is REALLY old now. It was released earlier this year when the first concept of this ride came out. I wouldn't expect it to have the same layout as that video.

Also, I'm highly doubting it being added to a park in Orlando (with the exception of either Fun Spots), I think it's going to be it's own entity personally.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I'm with Mark on this one I can see this as a stand alone attraction, especially if there is some sort of entertainment complex at the top.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

It won't go in either of the Fun Spot parks, but it could be built in the land Fun Spot purchased that Mark Brisson, the Director of Marketing for Fun Spot Attractions spoke of in the video I filmed.
ECG said:
The first 14 minutes of this video is the guided tour & the rest are clips of construction filmed the previous day - for anyone interested in that sort of thing.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y9sYxQ92A[/youtube]

For those that couldn't be bothered with watching the first 14 minutes of the construction video - Mark gave us exclusive information that the park also purchased the acreage across the street from the current expansion area (see the areal photos in my previous post), which is going to be leased to one of three bidders for another attraction area. You can skip to 6:40 minutes into the video to hear details about the adjoining attraction area.
Here are those areal photos that show the additional acreage across the street from the expansion area.
ECG said:
Coaster Crew has posted the following photos on their Facebook page:

578659_234237080043249_1291115000_n.jpg

532405_234237100043247_1072614451_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.234236970043260.60615.214934478640176&type=1
The original posts can be found in the park expansion construction topic: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=35286

BBH

Giga Poster

A wild thought came to me that this could be the Gringotts coaster at Universal, with the structure themed to a Hogwarts tower.

Posted while reading your mind.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Put the crack pipe down.

BBH

Giga Poster

Hey, I said it was wild. :lol:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: USThrillRides Polercoaster opening near Atlanta & in

Yes the ride that is nearly complete, it makes total sense.

louis_olswang

Roller Poster

When will we know more? are they going to post anything about this soon im interested.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

louis_olswang said:
When will we know more? are they going to post anything about this soon im interested.

Same! I'm pretty sure it's been way over a week since the IAAPA announcement!

louis_olswang

Roller Poster

I don't have high hopes for this one. im honestly skeptical on how this will turn out and look.

killrnut

Roller Poster

Now sure how much I would enjoy the constant helixes.

Anyway, good for them. Looks entertaining enough.

Lofty

CF Legend

How many times will someone need to say...

THE LAYOUT IN THE CONCEPT IS NOW WRITTEN LAW. It's to show what the product is. The last piece of promotion for the product mentioned inversions, sudden drops and other such items, so it isn't going to be a constant helix...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

Just like how it was gonna be announced a 'few weeks' after IAAPA last year? :p

bmac

Giga Poster

I totally forgot about this, maybe Orlando and Atlanta did, too.