What's new

USJ | Flying Dinosaur | B&M Flying Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So we have vertical construction on the new B&M flyer themed to Jurassic Park at Universal Studios Japan.

This clears up where the greeny blue track at the B&M factory is going.

11755186_1453339291638131_5490605817222001632_n.jpg

Looks like area around the station is going up

11745357_1453339294971464_513226983429021568_n.jpg

11174735_822697724481180_7617684779285921038_o.jpg

some track at the B&M plant

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: USJ | Unknown | B&M Flying Coaster

As great as this is going to be thanks, no doubt, to amazing theming etc., it's also a bit **** that after years of Japan getting basically nothing new, two B&M flyers open back to back. Osaka and Nagoya aren't even very far from each other.

davidm

Strata Poster
Re: USJ | Unknown | B&M Flying Coaster

[tweet]https://twitter.com/made_in_USJ/status/638677707740459008[/tweet]

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Thats easily the best flyer drop to date, its considerably steeper than the others so there will be a greater sensation of acceleration as riders swoop to the left.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It look soooo sexy, I love these things, seeing it be built last month was heart wrenching, me wanna riiiide.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh God that element on Starry Sky Ripper is phenomenal so happy.

Hoping it leads in to a loop <3

SSR is SO good nice to see another really twisted Flyer coming.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Love that last photo. Hoping for a great layout!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I do remember! And wouldn't that be fantastic?! <3

I didn't realise Starry Sky Ripper was so good, so it's nice to see another one of these more adventurous flying coasters from B&M.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Very cool! Really enjoy how the layout sweeps across the park.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow, didn't expect that. I'm really interested to see how the rest of the layout takes place.

I'm wondering if there's gonna be any form of interaction with landscaping or scenery? Like how Hollywood Dream interacts with the buildings and to some extent like Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit interacts with the building as a tunnel etc.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: USJ | Flying Dinosaur | B&M Flying Coaster

I'm really struggling to make heads or tails out of this layout, it looks to have a sort of Immelmann followed by a pretzel loop - is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I think you're right. It's got the zero-g, Immelmann then the pretzel loop. Looks like it could be pretty intense actually!

Lofty

CF Legend
I think in order of elements, it seems: drop, 540º Roll (or whatever it's called now, RCDB has it as an 'inline twist' and 'fly to lie'), Immelmann (lie to fly or half loop maybe), pretzel loop, small airtime hill, wingover, helix into drop, inline twist, breaks.

Making a total of 7 'inversions', so to speak, being the roll (2), Immelmann (1), Pretzel Loop (2), Wingover (1), Inline (1). Pretty nice layout.