What's new

Uproar at CWOA over animal 'neglect'

nadroJ

CF Legend
Go to their Facebook page and have a quick read at all the angry GP 'yelling' at them because they didn't take in some baby rabbits someone dumped on their doorstep. Apparently the park issued a statement (again, found on their FB page) saying that they don't take in random animals because it can affect the well-being of their own animals, and instead an animal shelter was contacted and the rabbits were taken care of.

But, the GP are totally losing their ****. People are telling people to boycott the place , that the park should be ashamed of themselves, etc, etc.

I don't really see what the problem is? They stated clearly (and rather quickly) why they couldn't take the bunnies in, which seems fair enough to me, and they also ensured the bunnies weren't just left.

But yeah, GP are going mental, discuss.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Only just saw this uproar after seeing your Facebook post.

Had a look, read a lot of wall posts, read what CWoA said and I'm on CWoA's side fully. It cannot be expected of them to take any animal dumped on their doorstep, especially as they wouldn't have the correct facilities for them to do so.

IF the member of staff in question literally did turn around and say "Not my problem" as is quoted in almost every post, then yeah, (s)he probably should have taken a bit more care and contacted the nearest animal rescue shelter. But that cannot be expected of all staff really, compassionate ones would do so but they'd be few and far between. And the park have come out and said that they're addressing the protocols of any future situations, so they've done all they can really.

It's just keyboard 'warriors' thinking they're making a difference by writing a post on Facebook without understanding how zoos work and operate.

nealbie

CF Legend
To be fair to the GP, whilst most are jumping on a bandwagon, Chessington really SHOULD have taken in the animals into an office (nowhere near the zoo animals) after contacting the animal rescue people to come and collect them.

If their quarantine rules really ARE that strict, then birds, foxes and even people should apparently be evicted on sight. Such a cop out. They'd have garnered more respect if their official response was that the staff on duty had a phobia of rabbits! :p

Ethan

Strata Poster
Some people just need to read things through and get a grip! Like it's been said above, they think they're making a difference but they're making fools out of themselves.

Humanity angers me.

Ben

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1wlOZeXCY0[/youtube]

Yes, I'm totally on CWoA's side. Protect all animals involved.

They're a zoo, not a vet.

Nic

Strata Poster
My favourite so far is the one suggesting that they were from the zoo and the park dumped them there to get rid. Hahahahaha. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Jordan, I really needed a good laugh tonight ;)

P.S.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw[/youtube]

ignace

Mega Poster
Some of the people are complaining about the bunnies having it cold outside.

I have a bunnie myself. It runs free in our garden 24 hours a day, every day in the week. There is 10 centimeter of snow in my garden and soon the temprature will go below minus 10 degrees. Still it trolls around the garden and loses some hair like it's **** summer. Do these people don't have any animal knowledge at all?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Ha, exactly. I have a bunny too and he loves frolicking in the snow. Guess what. Rabbits are WILD animals that mostly spend their lives outside, they're equipped to deal with the forces of nature.

As I've posted on FB, if Chessington HAD taken them in then it would just give the green light to all these morons that it is OK to dump your abandoned animals on Chessington's doorstep! They're a zoo, not a charity.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm OUTRAGED!!!!

What a bunch of **** ing idiots. It's a zoo, not an pet rescue centre.

Try dumping some unwanted domestic animals on any zoo, and see what happens. Yeah, the quarantine thing is probably largely bollocks on Chessington's part, but they're not going to come out with the truth and say that a few rabbits are of absolutely zero interest on any conceivable level for a zoo, other than perhaps as snake food.

Fact: Many zoos breed their own mice, rats, chickens and cute, fwuffy bunny wabbits to feed to their "important" animals to save on food bills. Quite rightly, too.

Absolute bunch of **** wits.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
duty_calls.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
I posted on the page a little while ago. Some people are with the park but others just don't get it!

Jake

Strata Poster
What an outrage.

How dare such a loving, caring, non-profit organisation not give a damn about some rabid vermin.

I feel so ashamed to be human sometimes.

Seriously, I **** hate people. Ugh.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I just hate the 'they should have done this' culture. Guess what, if your ideas were so **** great and innovative, then you would work in business and be worth millions. But you don't. So you aren't.

peep

CF Legend
After reading most of the comments on there I just kept screaming this at the computer screen...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WvJrEuJTk[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Start spreading the rumour that idiotic posts on Facebook pages about rabbits makes you catch a human form of myxomatosis - you start to stare blankly ahead and just drool or spout complete rubbish... Yeah, they've already got it

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
After reading most of the comments on there I just kept screaming this at the computer screen...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WvJrEuJTk[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just... A confusing story in the first place, but as per usual 'morals' come in place of 'actual rules that have to be abided or else things could get worse'...

Like reading the Daily Mail...

Besides, give it a week, no one will care anymore...