What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Universal have a large scale press conference planned in Orlando for next Thursday- any ideas what is going to be announced? From the scale of things it sounds like a major announcement so I'm suspecting Fantastic Worlds (3rd theme park) to be announced
Could it be the Jurassic coaster?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
They're announcing this at the convention center, which is next door to the new property. My bet is on the third gate, but they very well could throw in the Jurassic Park coaster as well.

This was my thought as well. I'm extremely curious to see how the new nintendo land plans differ from the ones when the project was originally announced now that it's not being added to an existing property but to a brand new park. I'm still hoping we get the Donkey Kong mine cart coaster myself.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I cant imagine it wouldn't include, if not be all about a new park. What else could it be, surely they don't need to hype another hotel? They need more reasons to visit to fill those rooms. Also, I am very keen for it to be that announcement.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I've got sooo many questions! Will this just be a park or will there be hotels there? A second CityWalk? How will it be linked to the existing resort- a monorail? A bus? A Skyway? What IPs will be be getting? What rides will we be getting? When will it open? What will the layout be? What will the general feel/theme be? Argh- HURRY UP THURSDAY!!!

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I've got sooo many questions! Will this just be a park or will there be hotels there? A second CityWalk? How will it be linked to the existing resort- a monorail? A bus? A Skyway? What IPs will be be getting? What rides will we be getting? When will it open? What will the layout be? What will the general feel/theme be? Argh- HURRY UP THURSDAY!!!

Yes, there will be hotels. There won't be a second CityWalk as far as I know. Buses to take guests in between the current and new resort. IP's seem to be Nintendo, Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc), DreamWorks, and Fantastic Beasts (Potter). The layout will be similar to Magic Kingdom and Disneyland (hub-and-spoke). Theme unknown.

Thursday can't come soon enough. This is supposed to be one of the best theme parks ever built, if not the best.

Last edited:

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Alicia Stella has talked about this a lot on her podcast (Park Stop Podcast). Here is a quick video where she analyzes permits that have been filed.

She also has a pod titled "Universal Orlando's 4th Gate" (since Volcano Bay can be considered the 3rd gate) that goes into a lot more detail about what she thinks will be happening.