What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Third piece of Epic Universe news for today!
Rumours are emerging to suggest that in March Universal Creative decided to replace the land meant to be the French Ministry of Magic from the Fantastic Beasts films with the British Ministry of Magic from the Potter films. This would mean that this area would now become the third section of The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando rather than a new IP (Fantastic Beasts) In my opinion this is a good move by Universal as Harry Potter is a much more successful brand than Fantastic Beasts and it would not take much effort to convert the French Ministry of Magic plans to British Ministry of Magic plans. No word yet however on the fate of the 2 attractions that were meant to be housed in this area.
I must stress that these are simply rumours at this point and could quite simply be Chinese whispers developing from the fact that apparently the delay was, in part, due to "a change of plan"

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Really hope that's true. I'm sure they could some cool environments and rides with the French Wizarding World but given it was nothing more than a backdrop in 1 prequel film its not exactly something anyone has asked for. While the Ministry of Magic is an iconic, central location in the Potter stories that I'm sure more people would have an interest in experiencing.

Overall the whole park looks to be very promising. The delay is understandable; but I'm sure for the quality of the park the wait will be worth it. Plus it gives me more time to save up for the trip out there. ?

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
This park is really going to be a blast when it opens. Like, what more can you ask for in a park like this? We got thrilling coasters, family coasters, interactive dark rides, a water ride (although small), an indoor drop tower, good flat rides, a good amount of shows (including stage shows, fireworks, and a parade), a thrilling dark ride, a dark, mysterious land, family lands, fully interactive lands, tons of dining options. There's something for the gamers, the modern movie goers, classic movie fans, and people that wish for more originality. Perfectly planned. If everything goes to plan, this will be the best theme park in North America.

Lofty

CF Legend
It is true that Fantastic Beasts won't be a land and that it's actually a third iteration of the Wizarding World... from what I understand that area will hold THE main attraction of the park, one which Potter fans have been "asking for since the beginning", which I feel could be the flying Ford Anglia. There are mutterings that it could utilise an old Universal ride technology from yesteryear but modernised creating a really thrilling ride.

Matt N

CF Legend
It is true that Fantastic Beasts won't be a land and that it's actually a third iteration of the Wizarding World... from what I understand that area will hold THE main attraction of the park, one which Potter fans have been "asking for since the beginning", which I feel could be the flying Ford Anglia. There are mutterings that it could utilise an old Universal ride technology from yesteryear but modernised creating a really thrilling ride.
Ooh, that sounds phenomenal; thanks for sharing @Lofty! I'm also now racking my brains trying to think of old Universal ride technology that they could modernise to do this...

Alessio

Roller Poster
I really hope that Epic Universe gets the British Ministry of Magic. It is such an epic location and perfect for a themed area. As I am not the biggest fan of Fantastic Beasts and the idea of the French Ministry, I don’t mind the delay in the construction to get a third Wizarding World of Harry Potter area which will hopefully be superior to the FB Paris Plans and definitely more successful. That rises the interest in the park for me significantly.
While I would habe preferred that the British Ministry replaces Fear Factor Live, the bigger space in Epic Universe should result in a better overall area.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster

That's almost guaranteed to be the British Ministry of Magic. Everyone wants it.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I think it would be a risk to spend billions of $ on something that has had a very mixed bag at the cinemas, and seems to be either a hit or miss with those who enjoy the Harry Potter franchise. I for one love everything about Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts, but I do agree, that the French version of the ministry plays only a very small part in the 2nd film, so I imagine most people wouldn't even recognise it. A wise move to make it the British Ministry of Magic if it is true, as it does play a more pivitol role in the films and is more easily recognisable. I hope we have to enter via the toilets ;)