What's new

Universal Orlando | Volcano Bay | Water Park

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Great to see it going up so quickly. If this was Disney they would have only just started the land clearance.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Uh, heres a photo I took of the area last week on my way to work.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/732609503758299136[/tweet]

Lofty

CF Legend
When does this park actually open? Guessing it's soon after Wet 'n' Wild closes in the New Year?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Does anyone know what's happening to the slides at Wet 'N' wild? Are they being demolished? It seems like a waste if they are, some of them aren't that old and some are really good there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
^Yep this is the date being thrown around.

Im a little worried it's looking very generic at the moment. After all the rumours last year I was hoping for something more unique. Still the slide through the Volcano should be cool.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
Does anyone know what's happening to the slides at Wet 'N' wild? Are they being demolished? It seems like a waste if they are, some of them aren't that old and some are really good there.

Some are moving, some are being demolished. Bearing in mind some of them slides are in excess of 20 years old…

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
owentaylor121 said:

Some are moving, some are being demolished. Bearing in mind some of them slides are in excess of 20 years old…
Thank you.
Yeah can completely understand the older slides being demolished, but would have been a shame if the newer ones were, glad some of them are relocating.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ No idea, my guess would be to go there to be honest, just rethemed. Brainwash would be moving as well I guess it. Most of the old slides will be on the chopping board, but the newer ones will just go to the other park across the street, so to speak ha.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Driven past it a few times now and I'm with Peep. Whereas Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach's slides are built into theming and don't look like slides, this is very much more of an Aquatica approach where it looks like a water park, not a themed paradise with slides. Lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I assume h20, brainwash, aqua racer or whatever it is called and maybe the storm ones might get moved. The rest are mostly quite old.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Hi girlies,
New concept art of the water park
ClbLE-DUsAAmEBM.jpg

I kind of feel like they'll make a magnificent Volcano and the rest will just be meh
Their booth:
ClawPCEUsAAYj2Y.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I'd rather them kept Wet 'n' Wild tbh and just added extra theming a slides around that park.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The park will have 18 attractions and will open June 1st 2017

[tweet]https://twitter.com/greenwooddavis/status/745250824671092736[/tweet]
short video

ClezT1KXEAAvCDt.jpg

What the area looks like now
Cleyq3pUkAAPK6R.jpg

ClQ-027WMAQWftd.jpg