What's new

Universal Orlando Gets Q-bot

Mike

Giga Poster
http://www.orlandoinformer.com/universa ... on-system/

New for 2013 at the Universal Orlando Resort is the "Universal Ride Reservation System", the Q-bot system that can be found at various places including most Six Flags parks.

For just $32.99 you can get one reservations per ride, or you can get unlimited reservations for $39.99 (apart from the rides which you'll actually want it).

qbot-ride-reservation-system-universal-orlando-115-oi.jpg

Oddly, the normal Universal Express passes are still available (instead of getting rid of them for a tiered Q-bot system).

nadroJ

CF Legend
That's so weird, why not include the rides that you'd actually want to skip the queues for? Especially for that price! Doesn't even include tax <//3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Those rides have always been excluded, so why would they add them now? The park has repeatedly stated that once the popularity of HRRR & Forbidden Journey dies down they would be added, but that day is still a long way off.
As far as keeping the current plan, I don't see why they should get rid of it, as it has proven to be very popular & quite lucrative. Adding a Q-bot system just give guests further options & the opportunity to take advantage of skipping the lines at a lower cost. It all makes perfect sense to me & is a great business decision IMO, but then Universal has been leading the way in that respect for some time now - even more so than Disney.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Have they bumped up the price of the Express pass to get people to buy the Q-bot?

Not that I needed it, but I could have sworn it was only around $20 per park when I was there...

marc

CF Legend
That express pass was not that great anyway on some rides.

DD had an hour queue, I still queued 45 mins even with the pass, was the same on the Mummy and the Hulk.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Apart from last time, when I went at Christmas, I've never queued at Universal, maybe 20 mins for Rip Ride Rockit? I suppose it's to do with the time of year we go but I've never found the need for those passes anyway.