What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Pear

Strata Poster
I rode this a few days ago and it is without a doubt my favorite coaster I've ever ridden. The ride is a lot more intense than the videos show and the final roll is one of the best coaster elements I've ever experienced. The theming is also really well done and the ride fits into the area extremely well.

Matt N

CF Legend
I rode this a few days ago and it is without a doubt my favorite coaster I've ever ridden. The ride is a lot more intense than the videos show and the final roll is one of the best coaster elements I've ever experienced. The theming is also really well done and the ride fits into the area extremely well.
Even ahead of Steel Vengeance? Praise indeed; thanks for reporting back @Pear!

Matt N

CF Legend

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Interestingly, VelociCoaster is apparently having cages and plexiglass installed on and around the paths beneath the coaster due to safety concerns: https://wdwnt.com/2021/06/photos-ca...sts-below-at-universals-islands-of-adventure/

This move is believed to have been triggered by recent incidents involving loose objects, including a wig flying off the ride and ice being thrown at a train by spectators.
Man, people ruin everything. What’s so appealing about throwing something at a train anyway? First the Steel Vengeance hot sauce incident and now this.

Ries

Mega Poster
Don't know if this is finished yet. But this must be the ugliest bit of the ride now.
Surely this could've been done differently, curious to see what will happen to the cage in the next couple of days.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Don't know if this is finished yet. But this must be the ugliest bit of the ride now.
Surely this could've been done differently, curious to see what will happen to the cage in the next couple of days.
I was there a week ago and honestly forgotten that I had read this thread before the trip. The caging looks fine, and I honestly thought it was a bit of theme for the ride in place of the usual netting as seen on other rides that go over pathways.

Besides, if you are worried about people tossing things at the ride there, then youd be terrified at how close you can get to the ride at one of its faster points!

Pretty much the extended queue is going down directly infront of the barrel roll. They do have an employee there when that portion of the queue is open it seems, but its hella close to where you stand.

Also, to add in, that barrel roll is just delicious and if they could have figured out how to get it right on Maverick would have made Mav even godlier. That airtime is just.........yes.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

davidm

Strata Poster
^ yeah and I can't get it on my Sky/Peacock either (or I'm too dumb to see how to do it) - all I can see is a curated list of Peacock-content on my Sky box (which doesn't include niche coaster-goon documentaries) :(

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If folks need help accessing the documentary (I did a quick scroll through some Torrent sites, alas no avail) - happy to share my VPN login to give you access and workaround geo-restriction. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
6:46 is especially fun, showing the progression of ride layout designs (which I think we mentioned/screen-capped earlier in chat):