What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Am I the only person who thinks Nemesis is pretty damn intense the entire layout, loop included?

Anyway, I love the look of the wave turns etc, far better than the overbanks on my NL2 prediction from last year. The only thing I'm not mad about so far is the aesthetic of the heartline roll over the water. I imagine it's there because they don't want to block the Discovery Centre view from across the lagoon, but I dunno, it just looks unbalanced to me.
No, you’re not... And the Nemesis Loop is the most perfect loop I’ve ever ridden... Intense entry, Weightless hang, intense exit... it’s literally perfect!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The lack of supports leads me to believe that riders will be relatively weightless through that element, although that's not necessarily a bad thing.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
However, I have some minor objections to that layout (I am really nit-picking here - I repeat, I LOVE the ride - we are enthusiasts, right?):
- The right-turn syndrome in the second half is obvious. I mean, of course the ride goes "right" pulling all kinds of tricks and banking at different angles, but I found it a bit uninspired.

I take that back. The rose-bowl section looks promising, especially with this suprise mini-wave turn/airtime.

I guess JK Rowling must be having a heart attack as of now and phoning Universal's head executives: "How can you ruin my Hogsmeade with this? Were we not agreed that this was my park? Of course you tore Dragons down. How dare you not!? Now, move that horrible Dino coaster out of my sight at once!"

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I take that back. The rose-bowl section looks promising, especially with this suprise mini-wave turn/airtime.

I guess JK Rowling must be having a heart attack as of now and phoning Universal's head executives: "How can you ruin my Hogsmeade with this? Were we not agreed that this was my park? Of course you tore Dragons down. How dare you not!? Now, move that horrible Dino coaster out of my sight at once!"

JK can go back to ruining the Fantastic Beasts franchise. Velocicoaster is staying.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I imagine she'd also want checks done on each rider beforehand. Unless you're a cis man or woman, you ain't riding.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This seems like a fairly typical coaster construction pace to me. Much of the ride constructed thus far has been low to the ground columns. They can be put up quickly and don't require a special crane to do so. Also, keep in mind that they started ground work for this around the time that Hagrids opened. On Disney's side of the fence, the actual coaster portion of Tron went up quickly, but realize how much groundwork was needed beforehand and how they're rerouting the railroad and building an enormous show building around the ride as well. It's a similar story with Guardians of the Galaxy - for all we know, track work could have been complete inside the show building over a year ago but we wouldn't know...but don't forget how much theming and other work must be done inside the show building before it's complete.

Matt N

CF Legend
Apparently the coaster doesn’t actually damage the sightlines within Hogsmeade, so Rowling has been kept happy, it would seem!