What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So to stop detracting from the Harry Potter coaster thread, I have creating a separate thread for this ride. There are a lot of markings around the Jurassic Park Discovery Centre, making the long rumoured coaster possibly a reality. Here is a video by Midway Mayhem documenting this (it is the first few minutes of the video):-
It could be anything at this point who knows. But we should continue the discussion and speculation in this thread. I look forward to seeing these developments!

Matt N

CF Legend
I personally reckon it might be a B&M flyer like Flying Dinosaur at USJ. Or maybe a raptor-themed B&M wing, as it would be a new ride type to Florida.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Probably won't be a flyer as Manta is just around the corner.

I have no idea what they would put in or even if they have plans for it. It doesn't seem likely that they'd make another coaster soon after the new Potter one.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Is there even enough space in that area for a big B&M? Haven't watched the video but I assume it's the bit where they used to have the triceratops walkthrough?

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
If it’s an Intamin then maybe a family invert similar to Dragekonen? Maybe we see Pteranodon Flyers on the way out as well?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Pteranodon Flyers can suck it. Tried to get the cred twice last year and they wouldn't let me. After explaining to them that I was trying to ride all the coasters, they were like "This isn't a roller coaster."

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Is there even enough space in that area for a big B&M? Haven't watched the video but I assume it's the bit where they used to have the triceratops walkthrough?
One like Fenix at Toverland might fit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Fenix have a pretty straight footprint, apart from the lift hill, station and brakes?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Pteranodon Flyers can suck it. Tried to get the cred twice last year and they wouldn't let me. After explaining to them that I was trying to ride all the coasters, they were like "This isn't a roller coaster."
You didnt go full ACE on them bruh. Gotta ask a random passerby to borrow their kid in a totally non-creepy manner!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
I'm not very familiar with the plot of land they have, but a wing coaster would be good for the park's lineup so I could see it happening.

I'd rather it be an Intamin of some sort though.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm not very familiar with the plot of land they have, but a wing coaster would be good for the park's lineup so I could see it happening.

I'd rather it be an Intamin of some sort though.
I agree about the B&M wing coaster.

If an Intamin were to come, then I reckon it would be a coaster like Skyrush, because you could make it low-to-the-ground and blend it in with the surroundings, while still providing a thrilling coaster!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'd also rather an Intamin, although I think a B&M Wing would provide an experience that's far different to the Potter coaster being built now, which is good.

Matt N

CF Legend
How come we'd all rather an Intamin, out of interest? While it would be something different for Orlando, B&M make some fantastic coasters that are highly regarded by many! Their reliability is generally fantastic, also.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
It's surely going to be something family-friendly. I don't see Jurassic Park being the right location for a big thrill coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Yes it's pretty much a straight line if you don't take those into account.

Yes when you take into account the lift, station, and brakes. Try reading the question next time.
But it's not straight at all though is it. You could say any layout is straight if you remove enough of the elements.