Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venom

• Volcanic Impact

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
I know this has probably been done before but not for quite a long time.

What is the UK's best tower ride?

Apocalypse - Drayton Manor

apocalypse_photo1.jpg

Barnstormer/Space Shot - Loudoun Castle/ Southport

Funfair_Ride.jpg

Big Ben - Travelling UK Fairs

thrill-rides-1_bigben.gif

Bounce - Oakwood

bounce_1.jpg

Cliffhanger - Flamingo Land

cliff3.JPG

Detonator - Thorpe Park

detonator_pic.jpg

Hyperblaster - Cleethorpe's Pleasure Island

hyper.JPG

Ice Blast - Pleasure Beach Blackpool

IceBlast.jpg

Jumping Bean - Paulton's Park

paultonsc.JPG

Power Tower - Clarence Pier, Southsea

clarencepierc.JPG

Sky Drop - Adventure Island

skydropd.JPG

The Drop - Funland

thedrope.JPG

Trauma Tower - Lightwater Valley

trauma1.JPG

Venom - West Midlands Safari Park

amuse_venom.jpg

Volcanic Impact - Fantasy Island

1113595604original2mq4.jpg

jack

Roller Poster
It's a tough call between Cliffhanger and Venom.

Venom had a **** load of airtime with a loose restraint but was just too short.

Cliffhanger has the nice bit of floater on the shot and a amazing amount of airtime on the drop.

That said Cliffhanger.

Ben

CF Legend
^ But, Ice Blast is the least forceful thing I've ever ridden, including a stationary chair.

Although, I suppose being shot is quite a peculiar sensation for the first few times, Ice Blast really doesn't do it well.

And Det just provides a great amount of ejector <3.

Well, it seems to be a tough one between Detonator and Apocalypse, as I've heard great things about both of them.

Detonator seems like it's great for its small height, providing awesome forces and good ejector. It looks really powerful as well, though I don't like the lack of height.

Apocalypse probably has some intensity, and the height is fairly good. However, I don't think it'd be as strong as Detonator.

So, tie I suppose, until I ride them both and can decide for myself.

Sam

Giga Poster
Between Cliffhanger and Det for me.... I never got to experiance the downward launch on Cliffhanger.... and I hear that is amazing... meh even still, Detonator gets my vote.

Will

Strata Poster
Hmm... I've done 8 of those, out of which 3 are decent enough to even warrant comparison, with those forceful wastes of space at Blackpool and (formerly) Southport not amongst them.

I like Cliff Hanger, it's big enough to have some force, and does dropping as well as launching... but it lets itself down by launching, which is normally dull. It's just not as good as the other two.

Apocalypse is good, but it quickly bores me after a few rides, where as I could quite happy ride the UK God of tower rides all day (if they'd ****ing open it)... I refer of course to Detonator.

Time and time again, I've gone through the perfections of this ride, compared to the inferior model at Drayton, the contrast in atmosphere, and theming (both of which Apocalypse can easily be argued to lack), not to mention music... Maybe I've been brainwashed, but I think Det will prove hard to better in these stakes. For some reason, Apocalypse just loses its novelty value so quickly, whereas the reaction after the 30th detonation of the day is almost as much of shock as the first of the season. It gets everyone, every time - something every other UK tower can only dream of.

TSSSSSSSCCCCH :p

v The Lain speaks the truth, follow him onwards into glorious conquest. <3

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Apocolypse scares me more than anything else, making it a massive thrill! Although shot towers and drop towers are completely different. Shots are, in some ways, more fun, whereas drops just give me that raw thrill.

So, for drops, Apocolypse.

For shots, its between Cliffhanger & Hyperblaster, which has insane amounts of airtime! The massive frog hopper at Paultons was quite a giggle too, with its stupidly good willy-lift.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Mine would most probably have to be one that is not on the list, the Mega Drop (Fabbri Drop Zone) that was at Pleasurewood Hills for a couple of years.

So in a way, my vote goes to Det.

Apocalypse still rocks though!

And I'll always have love for the Volcano :p

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Detonator for me.

Out of the ones in the list (and my own) Det has always topped them.

Mainly because of the 'Tsshhh' :p

Jake

Strata Poster
It's between Det and Apolcalypse.

Seeing as Det's countdown never bloody works, and Thorpe can't manage to get it open... Apocalypse is the way forward :).

Btw, I don't know why you've included the kiddie ones, they're at like every park!