What's new

Ugliest Coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
I was just trawling through LinkedIn and came across this BEAST.

502c58f7-f824-4369-95ed-9c9a2be721f6-original.jpeg

I think the combination of pink, blue and yellow, along with the shape of the cars make such a HIDEOUS aesthetic crack.

Do you have any rides that you look at and think: "You ugly, hey hey, you ugly"

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
The disgusting multi-coloured Eurofighter at BonBon-Land.
Scream! Never a great fan of the colour scheme and the fact that i's only landscaping involves a car park...just no!
And, of course, the Ferrari monstrosity spoiling the otherwise perfect Salou skyline.

Last edited:

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I think the combination of pink, blue and yellow, along with the shape of the cars make such a HIDEOUS aesthetic crack.

Do you have any rides that you look at and think: "You ugly, hey hey, you ugly"

The 80's called, they want their coaster back! Not a fan of that colour scheme at all!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^RMC conversions of white woodies look pretty grim to be fair though. In fact, white woodies in general look fairly tatty.
That thing that DelPiero posted, that was at Winter Wonderland right? Yep, I didn't ride that based purely on how ugly it was.
Zamperla flyers.
Most mice, especially spinning ones.
Mumbo Jumbo.
Kärnan.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
That thing that DelPiero posted, that was at Winter Wonderland right? Yep, I didn't ride that based purely on how ugly it was.
Yep, they name it Christmas Coaster while at WW, it looks and rides like a $5 whore.

Will

Strata Poster
Wildfire at least has the decency to have a more natural colour scheme, meaning it's not nearly as upsetting on the eye as Iron Rattler, I'll admit that.
I didn't think many people would agree with me, but the way they stick their track onto the mess of supports is not something I find attractive.

Mumbo Jumbo deserves a mention as well, along with Sequoia Adventure; S&S seem to specialize in building this that are almost as upsetting to look at as to ride.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I know you're not a fan, so I'll back you up as a big fan.
  • Earthy browny-green colour that doesn't really work in any way
  • Big blocky tower that isn't as nice looking as the one in Sweden
  • Support structure for the heart element looks like it was designed by giving a bunch of drinking straws to a 5 year old
At least the trains are pretty

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Ha, I knew you were a big fan - as I typed the word I was thinking jayjay won't like this.
Glad you agree though, I feel better. She is a proper swamp donkey though ain't she? Eh? A 10 pinter. A double-bagger. Proper fell out the ugly tree, that one! If coasters had parties, she'd be the one crying on the steps at the end ha ha!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Between the McDonald's track and support colors and the train color scheme that is the literal copy of Possessed at Dorney Park; Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure looks awful.
thunderhawk_slide_4.jpg

BigBad

Mega Poster
Everything RMC have built so far.
I can't go quite that far because I like how New Texas Giant looks, but I do not like the orange track they use. The only RMC I've ridden (so far) is Wicked Cyclone, which is a good coaster but looks bad. What does orange have to do with a cyclone, anyway? Couldn't it have been blue?

I also prefer the classic look of a wood coaster that has the rails and catwalks on each side throughout the ride. I get why RMC doesn't build them if the maintenance is less and it doesn't really work so well with inversions, but I miss it.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think Hydra has a really nice color scheme tbh. Not 100% sold on the pink trains, but the Green and Blue are really quite nice.

For me, it's those 80s Dark Blue-Orange-Yellow-Green coasters that Paramount(or was it the Taft company then?) installed. I'm talking Vortex at KI, Sky Rider at CW, (Original) Anaconda at KD, etc. Absolutely disgusting.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Here's a list of some of the worst I found
Superman: the Escape
superman4.jpg
Flashback @ SFMM
67c02.jpg
Iron Wolf @ SFGAm
2774.jpg
Batman: TR @ SFMM
419.jpg
Batman: The Escape @ Astroworld