What's new

Two questions about CF Platinum Passes

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
1. I know that Cedar Fair Platinum Passes are normally non-refundable, but is there a policy exception in place for this corona-stricken season? Can I get a refund?

2. When does a Platinum Pass kick into effect? Is it a year from the point of purchase? Is it a year from the moment it is activated? Or is it just the calendar year of purchase regardless?

I’m assuming some people here just know this stuff right off the tops of their heads, so sorry for indulgent questions.

Thanks!

1. I don't think that they are refundable, but they are valid through the entire 2021 season, so that's likely their remedy. You could always see if they could make an exception, but it's unlikely.

2. The Platinum Pass takes effect from the time of purchase until the end of the operational year, but this year it will be point of purchase until the end of the 2021 season.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
1. I don't think that they are refundable, but they are valid through the entire 2021 season, so that's likely their remedy. You could always see if they could make an exception, but it's unlikely.

2. The Platinum Pass takes effect from the time of purchase until the end of the operational year, but this year it will be point of purchase until the end of the 2021 season.
Thank you very much, LFTL! Much appreciated.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. If you haven't exchanged your platinum pass voucher, you can most likely ask for a refund of the purchase from the park you purchased (speaking as someone who worked within Admissions at Cedar Point, this was a common occurrence). As @LiveForTheLaunch mentioned; your pass is good for 2021 season as well, so bear that in mind.

2. Cedar Fair honors platinum passes on an April-to-April basis; this accounts for if you use your platinum pass at a year-round park (e.g. Knott's Berry Farm) during the seasonal parks off-season.