What's new

Twister - Gravity Group Coaster for Grona Lund

STC

Mega Poster
Interesting they seem to be trying to corner the "family woodie" market, with this and the coaster at Quassy. This looks to be about the same scale.

Are they going to break their tradition of only building one coaster each year, every year? Building this and the Quassy coaster would surely be equal to the effort put into building a full sized Gravity Group...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Looks like a neat little layout.

The mess of track and supports at Grona is busy already, add to this a woodie and I can imagine plenty of headchoppers etc.

marc

CF Legend
Nice little coaster that interacts well with the other coaster. Great addition to the park if you ask me.

Just a shame there is no market for wooden coaster though according to Merlin :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that was some speed! And bad audio-video synching.

Still, looks like a neat addition to the park, which to me seems to focus on "tween" coasters. Not kiddie rides, but not white-knuckly thrill rides either. Then again, I guess idle room plays a large role in those decisions. All in all, I have to go there once. There have to be some cheap flights from Trondheim to Stockholm.

Snoo

The Legend
Looks nice. I'm loving GG's expansion lately. Just keep bringing those great woodies to the States. <3

A

Anonymous

I knew that something was up, but I didn't really expect this, WOW!!!
And I though that they couldn't fit anything this big in the tiny space they had left, I would guess that I have to try and get to the press day next year :)

POV, etc...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqinRUq30nk[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The transition into the drop underneath the lift looks ridic!

It looks like an awesome layout, but I hope the train is able to keeps its speed (and forces) through the layout. It will only be traveling a top speed of 38 mph.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Aww, that looks cute!

That park just looks mental with all them coasters crammed on top of one another!

A

Anonymous

They have started to do vertical construction now!!
33925_452085314027_45279469027_5321543_3603590_n.jpg

From the Gröna Lund Facebook page

arbetsplats10101901.jpg

From the webcam

Oh and the track is on site :)
p30569.jpg

From RCDB