What's new

Twist-Cu-Choo-petition!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Here we go! Competition 4. This one is quite different than the previous versions, and here's what you have!

Curly Q Park is getting a new Gravity Group coaster, inspired by Twister at Grona Lund, with a bit more freedom. Your job is to complete this task and make this interact with the ENTIRE SMALL PARK!

Rules:
-Stay inside of trees (supports included)
-Height may not exceed Green Line
-The coaster MUST touch all 4 brown circles, get creative
-You can't move anything existing in the park
-All competitors must vote, or lose a point

All entries are due on June 10. Votes are due by June 13. Results posted on the 14. Three judges will score on Smoothness, Creativity, Realism, and Overall for a combined score of 20. There will be 5 remaining points available from the user votes. Entries are to be sent either by PM to myself, or my email bigt12788(at)yahoo.com

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/836rz ... rk.nl2park

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
So a slightly bigger version of Twister, Wooden Warrior, & Roar-O-Saurus? Sounds epic!! Those woodies are adorably small, but yet very thrilling at the same time.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Two questions:

By 'touching the brown circles' do you mean track or supports?

And can you vote for your own entry?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Votes on own entry will not count. One rule I failed to mention was when ride is over pathway terrain, it must stay ten feet above.

Track must go on over in brown spots including boomerang spot.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Also, you said the coaster must stay in the trees, but the boundary line is different. What do I follow?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've been asked by several people for some rule clarification.

-You may change the train length, must be between 5-8 cars.
-You can edit station length, but nothing else at the beginning
-You can launch it as well

Fire questions away as you get them and ill answer as quick as I can.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm in! Looks fun. :D

That being said, I'm out of the country from the 14th June, so provided you stick to the schedule then I should be able to vote. If you decide you want to push the deadline back, I'll have to drop out as I won't be able to vote.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The green line is solely height. You can build up to the trees, wherever they are.

In terms of paths, you wanna make sure there are spots for people to walk so get creative.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Okay so I'm back for this one, I also have a couple of queries.
Firstly can I do some minor editing to the park area, such as adding fences and walls around the rides and between terrain types, just for realism really.
Also what about adding things like chairs, bins bushes etc, also can the colours of the coaster be changed or do we have to keep the brown and white?
One last thing, can I change the terrain colouring slightly, I will keep the layout exact, but change the large brown section near the station into grass, switch up the bricks (they're way too big) into the path gray path I have used in the past?
In a nutshell can I change a few things in the park and add a few small things just give it a small facelift, I think it will enhance the ride.
The rides and layout format I won't touch.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tom (and/or others) may disagree - but I say no.

The whole point of these competitions is to see who can make the best coaster in the given template. If you start changing the template, there's a risk that people will include that in their voting - which they shouldn't. I agree that maybe the template isn't perfect, but I think you'd be far safer leaving it as it is and then doing some retouches to your own copy once the competition is complete (and even releasing it separately). From my point of view, I'll barely even look at the changes - they're not what we're competing on.

Would be interested to hear what others think...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You can't do any changes to the actual ground, I made it the way it is for a reason, however **** it may be in areas. You can add fences if you'd like, but it wont help you in any way. The likelihood that I do another template like this is slim to none based on feedback that I've gotten. For someone who doesn't do 3D scenery stuff, this is my range.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah okay, that's perfectly fine, I just wanted to know if I could, that's all. I'm perfectly happy to keep things as they are.

I actually really like the setup and the rides, the park is very charming and the 2 coasters in there are exquisite.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What was the verdict on the coaster colours?