What's new

TusenFryd | Storm | Gerstlauer Invert | 2023

Ries

Mega Poster
Watched it without sound. But looks rather good actually. Kinda like it. That bunny hill hop thing looks good.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This looks a ton of fun. No more, no less.

The restraints will really be the kicker on this.

Tulum

Mega Poster
The park is posting videos of the ride being tested but the opening has been set from Mai to Mai/June.

Tulum

Mega Poster
Hello everybody. So I was lucky in the end and the coaster opened on Saturday so I could ride it on Sunday. It is pretty intense but also repetitive because of the similar elements. Very weird. It looks good and seems to be a fit for the parks layout. But I see missed potential here.

Some other downsides are that the area is still unfinished and the theming is very mediocre and not very convincing. But perhaps this will look better in the future. The queue is on a tar square with just some wooden barriers separating people. Also looks very unfinished. There is not soundtrack or soundeffects yet. The luggage system seems to be improvised.

The capacity is also questionable, but ok. No money for a transfer track left or the attendance isn’t good enough at the park. Cannot tell what the waiting time at yesterday’s Pentecoste Sunday was as the park doesn’t have a system to display them. I rode the coaster after ropedrop and then lost interest. When I wanted to ride again, it was down.

Looks like Gerstlauer is good at pitching ideas and that Tusenfryd was working on a budget. Parques Reunidos is working more convincingly at Movie Park. Anyway it is a decent and nice coaster.

99755213-8D2C-437B-9883-DEB7E2885EEB.jpeg

I will post more pictures when I am not only on my mobile device.

bye

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Some other downsides are that the area is still unfinished and the theming is very mediocre and not very convincing. But perhaps this will look better in the future. The queue is on a tar square with just some wooden barriers separating people. Also looks very unfinished. There is not soundtrack or soundeffects yet. The luggage system seems to be improvised.
I wouldn't count on things improving. As you say, the park is working on a budget. Or not working, as it were.

Oh, and I believe it's time to unstick the thread.

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
Not to completely divert from the topic of this thread, but do we think the main factor in Gerstlauer roughness is the uncoventional support/footer design? Casting the base of the support to the concrete too early and not allowing adjustment in the track pieces? Or is it a fabrication problem, wheel tolerance?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Norway has never really been on my goon radar much.
This is doing nothing to change that to be honest. I mean, it looks alright but... meh. Next?