What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

toofpikk

Mega Poster
The colours are so rich and so so perfect for the Tripsdrill setting too. They're really nailing it. Good for them.

Ggolt

Roller Poster
That STC looks really great but also a bit slow.. I know, it’s just the first couple of test runs and we shouldn’t judge just yet but compared to other coasters and their first test runs it does look rather slow, so let’s wait and see I guess.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Plus, Karacho also isn't that good, it's quite forgettable to be honest.
I thought Karacho was really fun and smooth, with some surprisingly great airtime especially on the top hat. I was amazed at how much better and smoother it is than the Smiler despite both being built at the same time.

That roll over the station on HüK though looks fantastic.

On a different note - I think I’ve read it somewhere before but can’t remember - does anyone know what the trench under Mammut‘s north side was for? It looks almost like a log flume trough or alternative queue route, but I don’t think it was ever used.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On a different note - I think I’ve read it somewhere before but can’t remember - does anyone know what the trench under Mammut‘s north side was for? It looks almost like a log flume trough or alternative queue route, but I don’t think it was ever used.
This was recently asked on Reddit -
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/gajtih
Top post sounds good, but reeks of knowledge-entitlement which I don't like. :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Yeah, exaggerating a little there... it looks a little faster, but it ain't haulin'.

Plus, Karacho also isn't that good, it's quite forgettable to be honest.

I agree that this is no way running any faster than in other previous videos. Many people want to crown HüK as Tripsdrill's best coaster and I think in terms of overall product, Karacho wins hands down.

This combo of Vekoma is a perfect step between junior coasters and thrill rides like Karacho. In fact, I would put HüK in the same category as Mammut: nothing mind-blowing so families can ride together but thrilling enough to keep riders entertained.