What's new

TripAdvisor

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
When you visit a park/hotel/restaurant/other attraction do you review on TripAdvisor?

I make particular attention to review theme parks as they are something I enjoy and feel I know something about and I can compare them to others within the UK. I also review other things but pay particular attention to theme parks and their rides.

I also use TripAdvisor to look at other parks around the world (not as much as the goon sites) to get an idea of what other people think of them.

What do you do?

peep

CF Legend
I use it all the time before booking any hotel. I try to review as much as I can but I fail miserably at keeping that up.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye I don't book hotels without checking their trip advisor reviews. Also use it to find nearby attractions.

Don't really bother with reviewing theme parks or reading reviews as more often than not they're bordering on ridiculous. Only so many ''THE FOOD WAS TOO SPANISH AND THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS TOO SPANISH" reviews for Port Aventura before you lose the will to live.

Casio

Mega Poster
I only review something if it's exceptionally good or exceptionally bad. I wouldn't bother reviewing a major park because it will have thousands of reviews already and they'll all average out. For example I reviewed Desperado at Buffalo Bills because I was really, really impressed by it. It doesn't have many reviews and I felt like the owners deserved more credit. I've also reviewed a couple of terrible restaurants I've been to because they really don't deserve any more customers.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll give it a quick look when booking hotels, especially if I'm doing things on the cheap. Even then, I've found that a lot of people exaggerate and just like to moan. If you're paying £30 a night for a hotel, don't be a c**t about it when you find out there's no butler.

I'll do a review if I'm bored and remember to, but it's only been for a tiny fraction of the places I've stayed in.

I don't use it for anything other than hotels though.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Being the one who organizes the trips in my family has its benefits. MORE CREDS! But, I usually don't check for theme parks on Trip Advisor. I check using this process:

My Process:
1. Search place/hotel/attraction/restaurant
2. Check average of stars the users give it
3. Check multiple reviews
4. Search for alternatives (just in case)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
A review of the Ibis hotel in Heilbronn, Germany, complains that there are no English TV channels!

And then there are the theme park reviews which say "We went on a busy saturday in the middle of summer, and had to queue for the rides..."

It's good for a giggle!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
a recent review of PBB:

We took our children here over the week and they seemed to enjoy it but we didn't take them last time we decided to take them to the sandcastle! We decided to come here and try it out! We had to wait over 10-20minutes in one queue!! The staff weren't bothered at all! We then had a look around and after 1-2hours the kids got disinterested and wanted to go! So we decided to go... And won't be back!! Not to mention the car parking itself was £10!!! A total rip off... The prices You charge are absolutely ludicrous!!!

over 10 minutes in a queue - disgrace!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've always wished that TripAdvisor allowed comments on people's posts. I'd be able to keep myself entertained for months.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
You can send them messages but that isn't as fun :p

I enjoy reading people's reviews when they are having a massive go about how **** everything was especially when 99% of the other people say that it is a generally good attraction, it's just that one person who found one cigarette stub or didn't get a refund that have a moan, and those are always good fun to read.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I write the occasional review but rarely find the time at the moment. I would love the ability to comment on reviews though!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
It would be great to comment on posts that are blatantly from the owner as well.

I do the odd review but not often. I ALWAYS use it though before I book a place to check it out.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I try to actually, yeah. I can't stand these idiots who complain about non-existent issues. Good service should never go unnoticed!

Nic

Strata Poster
Yeah, I always have a look on there when booking hotels, but usually disregard most of the reviews as being written by complete morons.

I do write reviews occasionally. I tend to make more of an effort to write them for small, independent, businesses who really rely on it for business. I also only tend to bother if I've had a particularly good experience.

Except for Travelodges. They're all fair game for reviews.

I obsess over TripAdvisor. I was actually just talking about this a few days ago, how I could spend hours upon hours on the stupid site. But, it is pretty helpful.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
There is 'the scum of Twitter' and 'the scum of Facebook', it's people like that who are the scum of trip advisor. Why the hell would you go to an amusement park if you don't enjoy them and then write about it being bad because you don't like amusement parks.

When you read reviews of hotels the majority of reviews are 'good hotel', 'good food', 'good service'. Then you have that one twat who got one bad meal or to have one bad experience and suddenly the whole hotel is a cesspit and the staff are all dicks. I never take a 'bad' report seriously UNLESS there are a lot of them.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Check out Southend Travelodge. A few of us off here have reviewed that lovely place.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
You see, it has 14 excellent reviews, 11 very good reviews and 7 average reviews. Only 6 poor and terrible reviews. Immediate reaction is, it's a decent place. Looking at the 'terrible' reviews they're not extremely bad, 'no parking', 'had to wait for key'. I can't find any CF reports on the place though.