What's new

Trip plans for 2013

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Riding Hurler Sunday, euuugh. We almost have our bags packed and ready to drive the 6 hour journey to Atlanta! Also how would you rank Goliath and Intimidator?

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I'm guessing having a little bend in your knees and pushing down on your restraint instead of up is the correct way to ride a standup?

Hutch

Strata Poster
So unfortunately we will most likely not visit Cedar Point this year :( . But we have recently been talking about going to King's Island next year, especially since they'll be getting a new coaster. So now we we might push Cedar Point back to next year and possibly combine CP and KI in one trip :--D (which makes more sense than two separate trips).

This will also screw up my plan to make Boulder Dash my 50th coaster (and Lake Compounce is still up). Oh well, I'll have some opportunities during at KI.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
This is slowly taking shape as my worst coaster year since getting involved in the hobby.

Wild Waves, Magic Mountain, California's Great America...

Yup, that's it so far.

I may get to go to Fuji-Q in August, but that will likely be the last park this year, and would be a whopping total of three new credits for the whole year.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
rollermonkey said:
This is slowly taking shape as my worst coaster year since getting involved in the hobby.

Wild Waves, Magic Mountain, California's Great America...

Yup, that's it so far.

I may get to go to Fuji-Q in August, but that will likely be the last park this year, and would be a whopping total of three new credits for the whole year.

I hear ya. That sounds a lot like my 2011, my new creds were Holiday World and Beech Bend :oops:

The worst thing about living in Orlando is how agonizingly close (far?) I am from a few major destinations. I am 16 hours away from San Antonio, Dallas, Branson, etc....

Having already done my big 2013 trip my plans will consist of random SWO, USF, IOA, WDW trips for the next 6 months. Is it Halloween and Christmas season yet?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Well you guys are lucky. For me I usually have like 1-2 major theme trips a year, along with some minor trips to some of my nearby home parks

Jer

Strata Poster
Well my previous trip with Joey in August was cancelled, and replaced by a different short trip in July to Seabreeze, Waldameer, and Cedar Point, all first time parks for me, and I should be reason cred #100, which will be Maverick.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've had to make some changes to my Holland, Germany and France trip plans. Since I'm arriving in Brussels (instead of Amsterdam as originally planned) Walibi Holland will have to wait for another time and Vienna is too far, so I'm dropping the Prater but I'm adding the Grosse Kirmis am Rhein (Dusseldorf fair).
Here are the details for those interested:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36279

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
SFOG & Carowinds: SUCCESS! we're taking a redeye in Birmingham.

Carowinds wasn't a bad park, at all. Intimidator wasn't meh and had tons of airtime. Afterburn was VERY forceful and I loved it, and Nighthawk was fun. The boomerang was actually very smooth and Thunder Road surprised me! Vortex isn't bad if you can ride a stand up correctly, it was just boring. Hurler was HORRIBLE, my #52 coaster in my rankings. Intimidator was my 50th coaster and I'm happy with that.

SFOG was quite fab. Acrophobia: OMG AWESOME! Goliath: WAARGH YEAH! Dare Devil Dive: WTF

Smithy

Strata Poster
As it stands. Chessington is off the cards for this year at least. Never really fully commited to going there, was just to try somewhere new but by all reports this season is a shocker for them so I'd rather go when they're on top of their game to at least slightly enjoy my day.

Not really arsed on any of the other UK parks. Might look at Flamingo Land at some point if I can justify the drive to myself (mumbo jumbo and hero aren't exactly great bargaining tools).

Definitely back to Alton at some point late in the season assuming Smiler runs for a sustained period trouble free.

Booked a holiday to Salou which includes a 3 day pass to Port Aventura during their halloween celebrations. Hopefully my horsehead mask will blend in.

marc

CF Legend
Maybe Alton in September but that's about it for this year.

Will be the first year in 6 with not one cf live.

Hoping 2014 will be better at work so I can get some time off.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I might be heading to Holiday World this Labor Day. I know I am going to Florida sometime soon, but don't don't know the exact date. Some cousins of mine want to meet at Disneyland this Thanksgiving so I plan to sneak off to SFMM while I'm there. I am going to North Carolina July 8 so Carowinds is hopefully in the plans, but I might take a train to Busch Gardens while there. Best of all, SDC and WoF are booked for late July!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Definitely Hong Kong Disney and Ocean Park at some point in the year since there are four new coasters between them since I last went and I really like both parks anyway.

I think I'll probably try and get across to the new Ocean Kingdom as well as it's really close to Hong Kong, and maybe tie it in with a visit to Mysterious Island.

A Shenzhen weekend will likely be happening, as I need to ride the woodie at Knight Valley and pick up the extra coasters now at Happy Valley. There are a few crappy little parks dotted around as well. I'll probably do the same thing with Guangzhou to pick up the two newer coasters at Chimelong Paradise and mop up some other parks in the area, including Chuanlord Manor which I didn't know existed last time I was there and has loadsa credz.

I think that will likely be about it for 2013. It's all a bit of a pain in the arse in that they're all stupidly close and cheap to get to, but I'll need to get a Chinese Visa for every two trips across the border - you can get a double entry tourist visa, but multiple entries are restricted to business visas, unfortunately.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Might make a side trip down to Knoebles. Apparently Flying Turns was testing today and the cars look like an enlongated Millennium Flyer.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^I'm going on Saturday. :)

Just finished booking my flights to Cali in August. Hitting up CGA, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, SFMM, Knott's and a few smaller parks. Also heading to Mt. Olympus, SFGAm, CP and Waldameer over Labor Day weekend before flying to Costa Rica. <3

Rach

Giga Poster
It's quite nice to look back at my previous post in this topic and see just how much plans have actually changed! It's also nice to think that this year I was hoping to hit 350 creds and gone over that already and only just over half way through the year!

So:

February: Disneyland Paris
March: Thorpe Park
April: Alton Towers x2 and some Essex parks
May: Madrid parks and Alton Towers
June: Alton Towers (purely just to ride the damn Smiler) Denmark and then thrown nicely on top of that was a little impromptu trip to America and Canada which involved a nice dosage of Waldameer, Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland!

July: That certain holds Belgium and Blackpool
August: Finland

There are early plans for September, October and November as well. Plans are floating around Italy, Austria, France and Port Aventura if I can get another cheap deal on tickets and hotels in the closed season because winter sun <3 and Shambhala <3

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I completely forgot about Veil of Dark.

I think I just figured something I'll do one day while bored out of my gourd at the in-laws in August.
:D